Should I remove my mud flaps?

Mudflaps, or fenders are a legal requirment most everywhere.... it just rarely gets enforced.

The mudflap must extend to the axle/wheel centerline.
The fender must cover the entire tire.

Thats the law which is seldom enforced..... this might be one of the ugliest homebilt ways to comply with the fender regulation.

View attachment 355185

View attachment 355186

There are worse...

1661868408516.png

In the US it's often only a requirement for commercial vehicles.

Up here the troopers use it as a training ticket for rookies and as a way to harass any rig with a lift on it. That and improperly measuring frame height.

In the US it's often only a requirement for commercial vehicles.

I think the weirdos in Utah require trucks, Jeeps and similar to have mud flaps.

My first time down Black Bear Pass, I was following a group from Utah who all had flaps.

• USA Proud
Reactions: TheBoogieman
I think the weirdos in Utah require trucks, Jeeps and similar to have mud flaps.

My first time down Black Bear Pass, I was following a group from Utah who all had flaps.
A quick search yielded this:
Mudflaps
Rear tires must have the top 50% of the tire covered by mud flaps, fenders or the vehicle body construction. Rear mud flaps are must be directly aligned with the tire and at least as wide as the tire.
Good thing I don't live there anymore, my jeep would be much more sad.

Old thread but we had mudflaps on every car out in the country. Gravel roads would sandblast the paint off a car. They sucked when it actually was muddy, because mud accumulated in the wheel well.

There's a Jeep in the parking lot at work that is missing the paint on the door hinges from rock wear. I havent looked under it.

So I understand why some people might put them on.

I wonder how pissed his kids were when they found their pools missing

I thought about the same thing🤣🤣

Do you guys ever watch those videos where the kids get told their parents ate all their Halloween candy? Oh my word

• Haha