Should I spend the extra money on Fox 2.0 shocks with BDS lift?

Dahbarez

So I was about to pull the trigger on a ome lift but I have decided to go with the bds 2 inch lift http://bds-suspension.com/kit-customizer?kid=417H I was wondering if I should just get the base kit with the nx2 shocks or spend the extra $360 and get the fox 2.0 shocks. I have the money but don't want to spend that much unless it is actually a big difference in ride quality. I was also wondering from people who have used the bds kit if you actually need a spacer for the front coils to even the lift out.

Last edited:
or should I just get the springs and get other shocks like rancho's.
I actually just installed 2” bds springs. I installed ranchos 5000x last fall. I think the ranchos ran me about $200 on amazon and the bds springs were $210 from northridge. Also using a 3/4” spacer up front.

I actually just installed 2” bds springs. I installed ranchos 5000x last fall. I think the ranchos ran me about $200 on amazon and the bds springs were $210 from northridge. Also using a 3/4” spacer up front.
That is the setup I am currently thinking of I am wondering if I should get 3 inch springs for the front or just get the spacer. Also how is the ride quality with that setup.

I would just get springs and Ranchos. I've had the Fox 2.0s and the Ranchos, and I prefer the ride of the Rancho RS5000X over the Fox 2.0.

Reactions: jazngab
That is the setup I am currently thinking of I am wondering if I should get 3 inch springs for the front or just get the spacer. Also has is the ride quality with that setup.
I was really close to going 3”/2” combo but honestly I was a bit nervous that it might sit too high up front. I also tried to lessen my chances of getting bad vibes. (Even with the 2” and spacer I got minor vibes) A few members on here have gone this route (3”/2”) and recommended it. I will say I do have a slight rake. I do have a winch and plate but I ditched my aftermarket bumper and went back to stock. But it’s not terrible. I’m ok with it. Here’s some pics.

97F9C4EA-8FBE-49EE-A93E-1320CF3722A9.jpeg

3356818B-005E-4BF6-9563-83010DA19655.jpeg

830D2752-D63B-44AA-9E6D-8C84E41020C6.jpeg

Reactions: IPerkWVU
I would just get springs and Ranchos. I've had the Fox 2.0s and the Ranchos, and I prefer the ride of the Rancho RS5000X over the Fox 2.0.
Good to know anything else you would recommend me adding to the 2 inch lifter other then the springs and shocks going the bds route is saving me a good amount of money that I plan to just funnel right back into my Jeep

As far as ride quality I can only compare it to the daystar shocks and 2” daystar spacers that were on it when I bought it. I went ranchos based on overwhelming recommendations and the price. They’ve been good. And I went bds over ome based on 1. Price. And 2. I didn’t want to guess which ome springs I needed to get for my rear. I’m happy with my choice. I wouldn’t be opposed to going 3”/2” if I had to do it all over again.

Good to know anything else you would recommend me adding to the 2 inch lifter other then the springs and shocks going the bds route is saving me a good amount of money that I plan to just funnel right back into my Jeep

Springs, shocks, a MML and 1.25" body lift would be what I would do.

You'll also need a track bar relocation bracket for the rear.

Reactions: MaloStapalo
As far as ride quality I can only compare it to the daystar shocks and 2” daystar spacers that were on it when I bought it. I went ranchos based on overwhelming recommendations and the price. They’ve been good. And I went bds over ome based on 1. Price. And 2. I didn’t want to guess which ome springs I needed to get for my rear. I’m happy with my choice. I wouldn’t be opposed to going 3”/2” if I had to do it all over again.
Thanks for the input ill probably go 3"/2"

Reactions: jazngab
Thanks for the input ill probably go 3"/2"
I highly recommend the 3"/2" route. I have 33" tires and 3" front/ 2" rear BDS springs paired with a 1.25" savvy bl and 1" mml work incredible. I was lucky to not have any vibes after installing my new springs but I will be doing a tummy tuck eventually so an SYE is soon to come.

Here is a picture of my Jeep with sagging stock springs and 2" spacers that the PO installed:
IMG_20190602_112043.jpg

Here is the Jeep after I installed the 3"/2" springs from BDS:
IMG_20190622_200854.jpg

I was afraid of not being level, but based off my rough measurements there is still about .25" of take. I have an aftermarket front bumper and essentially stock rear (soft top, full size spare, back seat).

The reason I wanted to do 3"/2" springs is so that if I ever go to 35s, I can (hopefully) throw some 1" spacers on front and rear and see how that works.

Also I should add that I am running the Rancho 2-3" lift shocks and I highly recommend them.