Show me your basement bar!

Jeffreybomb

Póg mo thóin!
Supporting Member
What does your basement bar look like? What did you use to plan it out and build it? Did you add a unique personal touch?

Let’s see ‘em!

Mine is in progress:

20201213_181943.jpg

20201213_175948.jpg

I did all the work myself. HVAC, electrical, drywall, mudding. The wall behind it will have a recessed fridge and recessed mirror liquor shelves on either side.

I really wanted to put a bar in my basement but I'm in Utah & don't plan to stay here forever. I don't want to tank my resale value with a row of taps in the basement. Fun fact - you can't buy a keg here (I can because I can get them on base though).

• Wow
Reactions: 1J4FY
We are getting our basement finished winter of '22. Plan right now is a bar with a 2-3 tap keg system for my homebrews. Basement will also have a 14' shuffle board table, bubble hockey, and foosball table.

Reactions: Jeffreybomb
Not a basement but we are building a party barn. 16x30 gable barn with a bar and pool table downstairs and a loft bedroom on top overlooking the creek. Maybe a reloading station upstairs. Thinking about a deck off the top to look at the creek and maybe hunt deer from.
That’s the plan anyway.

We are getting our basement finished winter of '22. Plan right now is a bar with a 2-3 tap keg system for my homebrews. Basement will also have a 14' shuffle board table, bubble hockey, and foosball table.
I’m pretty sure the bubble hockey machine will be the most expensive component! Did you find it on eBay or something?

Mine is in progress:

View attachment 217495

View attachment 217496

I did all the work myself. HVAC, electrical, drywall, mudding. The wall behind it will have a recessed fridge and recessed mirror liquor shelves on either side.

I’m currently in design limbo hell. I’m not entirely sure how to lay it out. I’ve been finding some interesting information through Pinterest (yes, I have an account, but it really is quite useful).

What measurements did you use? Did you find something online to help design it?

What's a basement?

Not a basement but we are building a party barn. 16x30 gable barn with a bar and pool table downstairs and a loft bedroom on top overlooking the creek. Maybe a reloading station upstairs. Thinking about a deck off the top to look at the creek and maybe hunt deer from.
That’s the plan anyway.
🤤

I’m pretty sure the bubble hockey machine will be the most expensive component! Did you find it on eBay or something?

The bubble hockey and shuffle board will be both pricey. Shuffle board will be my priority and I'll buy it used. Problem is that I spent my basement toy savings on buying and building up my TJ.

I’m currently in design limbo hell. I’m not entirely sure how to lay it out. I’ve been finding some interesting information through Pinterest (yes, I have an account, but it really is quite useful).

What measurements did you use? Did you find something online to help design it?
My biggest thing for how I designed it was to work around the bulky return trunk for the hvac and the two posts that hold the I-beam. The I-beam, hvac trunks, and pole supports are all hidden within the framing of the bar. I also wanted to have the bar in the middle of the room so the TV aligns with it and to separate the finished space from my storage space.

Reactions: Jeffreybomb
We’re stuck waiting for insulation. The barn is up and power has been run. Insulation may take awhile. They are at least 4 weeks out. Ughhhh I hate waiting.