Show off your Metalcloak fenders

GenericDisplayName

Supporting Member
Howdy everyone! I am looking into replacing my stock fender flares with something new! After reading a bit about the MetalCloak fenders they seem like a great option. I'm interested in see pictures of your Jeeps with the MetalCloak fenders!

Things you might want to include in post:

Tire Size

Lift (if any lift is had)

What Fender You Went With

Your thoughts/experience with them

If you have any other fender flares or fenders that you wanna show off, I would love to see them as well!

You're not going to find much love here for Metalcloak. Not because they make a bad product, but more so about how they market and sell them.

You're not going to find much love here for Metalcloak. Not because they make a bad product, but more so about how they market and sell them.
X2 on not finding much love here for MC but you won't find many here that believe they make a good product either.

Some of us, me included in strictly my personal opinion, believe they are masters of smoke and mirrors to create the illusion that they have created and are selling the Holy Grails of everything. I wouldn't install an MC product to save my life. Maybe MC floor mats or an air freshener but that's it.

Reactions: D M
X2 on not finding much love here for MC but you won't find many here that believe they make a good product either.

Some of us, me included in strictly my personal opinion, believe they are masters of smoke and mirrors to create the illusion that they have created and are selling the Holy Grails of everything. I wouldn't install an MC product to save my life. Maybe MC floor mats or an air freshener but that's it.
Interesting, why is that? If people don't tend to enjoy the MC products what line of products that does the same do people tend to enjoy? From what I see online Poison Spyder has some fenders, are they of better quality?

Some products are decent and others aren't. As is always the case, the application of their products depends on your use, area, and even understanding of what they do or don't do. I have some good experiences with their products and some bad. This is no different with any other vendor I've dealt with, excepting one.

Interesting, why is that? If people don't tend to enjoy the MC products what line of products that does the same do people tend to enjoy? From what I see online Poison Spyder has some fenders, are they of better quality?

It depends on what you are wanting to accomplish with replacement fenders.

MC products are fine. You can only beat the shit out of a horse in so many ways. Meaning MC shows up one day and says "hey I got a new way to beat the shit out of this horse"! Their fenders can't gain you more clearance than the Spider fenders.

• Haha
Reactions: Indy
It depends on what you are wanting to accomplish with replacement fenders.
Originally mainly just aesthetic, though as I have gone more down the rabbit hole my reasons have grown. If I am going to be spending money to replace my current fender flares might as well get something functional. I want metal incase I am banging up against tree's or anything else I don't wanna have to worry, I also enjoy having a good quality product that is gonna last, and the additional clearance would be helpful.

Originally mainly just aesthetic, though as I have gone more down the rabbit hole my reasons have grown. If I am going to be spending money to replace my current fender flares might as well get something functional. I want metal incase I am banging up against tree's or anything else I don't wanna have to worry, I also enjoy having a good quality product that is gonna last, and the additional clearance would be helpful.

If you are looking for aluminum which is preferred to save on weight, GenRight, Nemesis come to mind. Savvy makes rear corner guards and sliders but I don’t think front fenders. If steel Motobilt, JCR, TnT also do TJ armor and fenders.

I know there are others here who have Metalcloak products. I like them. I like the look and while their marketing may claim a highline fender, they're not. I've had the flares up against a tree and I've backed into a rock where it crumpled the license plate and rear tailight but the armor saved my body and hardtop from damage. The bumpers have held up well so far.

Reactions: SvtLdr and Irun
I have aluminum MC overlines, 35”’s and 2.5” lift with 1.25” body. I originally bought them because I didn’t want to cut my hood for actual hi lines. I haven’t had any issues with them, install was super easy and it came with everything needed. Now hindsight being 20/20 and the other work Ive down to my Jeep, I would have def gone with GenRight hilines with the direction I want to take my Jeep.

Reactions: Irun
Realistically you won’t gain any clearance with the fenders. If it’s the look your after, then go for it. You don’t need anyone’s approval for the way you want your Jeep to look.
not that your asking, in my opinion they look “OK”. I think there are better options depending on what you want to achieve.

Reactions: MikeE024 and Irun
Realistically you won’t gain any clearance with the fenders. If it’s the look your after, then go for it. You don’t need anyone’s approval for the way you want your Jeep to look.
not that your asking, in my opinion they look “OK”. I think there are better options depending on what you want to achieve.
Okay, thanks for the reply. What are some of the better options that you are speaking of? I'm just trying to look through all of the options and then determine from there what works best for my wants/needs.

I'm waiting for @mrblaine to post a photo of a Metalcloak fender sitting in a dumpster. :LOL:

In all seriousness though, if you're set on tub fenders, the most popular option is the GenRight aluminum fenders.

I have had two sets of them on my TJ, and I know a number of people with them as well.

Tire Size 35"

Lift 4+1.25

What Fender You Went With: Ovlerline - Mod Cut rear 6" flares.

Your thoughts/experience with them: They are really easy to install and if you want a removable fender they are the only option I know of.

If you have any other fender flares or fenders that you wanna show off, I would love to see them as well! - I'm currently in the process of swapping them out though for Genright 4 inch fenders because I prefer the lines of the GR/the GR replacements are aluminum.

20191109_131944.jpg

GR
20210204_185846.jpg

Okay, thanks for the reply. What are some of the better options that you are speaking of? I'm just trying to look through all of the options and then determine from there what works best for my wants/needs.
I have Poison Spyder aluminum hilines on my TJ. I dont think they make these anymore due to some cracking issues. Aluminum can run upwards of $1k with inner fenders. If it’s a look you seek then start looking at what ever interests you. Metalcloak may do everything you want. Some cheap smittybuilt bay suit your needs. Maybe some nice Genrights. They range from a couple hundred to over $1k. You have to make that choice.

Reactions: Tree killer
Tire Size 35"

Lift 4+1.25

What Fender You Went With: Ovlerline - Mod Cut rear 6" flares.

Your thoughts/experience with them: They are really easy to install and if you want a removable fender they are the only option I know of.

If you have any other fender flares or fenders that you wanna show off, I would love to see them as well! - I'm currently in the process of swapping them out though for Genright 4 inch fenders because I prefer the lines of the GR/the GR replacements are aluminum.

View attachment 229140

GR
View attachment 229142
Oh what a beauty! I really like how the GR looks here, gonna have to do some more looking into them, how was the process swapping them out?

They were on my Jeep when I got it. I would not have chose the hilines. I can’t use all that clearance anyway with 35’s. My tires will hit the back when turning before I can get enough up travel. I can’t move my axle forward or I have diff/track at issues.
that 4” lift plus 1.25 BL.
pardon the poser pic. Only thing handy at the moment.

8B854E2F-4B95-486A-8AD3-2DDD2B00C6A7.jpeg

EF71D1A6-4837-4AAF-B5FA-C81AAF1A828C.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex01
Oh what a beauty! I really like how the GR looks here, gonna have to do some more looking into them, how was the process swapping them out?
Both fenders are more or less the same process of switching out. The metal cloak's inner fenders though are a lot more thought out. They include all the mounting holes you need for the accessories while the GR fenders come blank and require you to drill all the holes. Additionally, the MC fenders have plenty of room for the stock air intake while the GR's require more work. Ultimately I decided to go with a CAI so I didn't need to mess around with making it fit.

It's worth noting though that you can retain the inner fenders from the stock fenders with the GR's. It just wouldn't look as clean IMO.