Sierra Trek / Fordyce

Plumber1

Tito's, Tacos and Trails
Supporting Member
Ok me and a buddy are signed up for Sierra Trek in Northern CA. Let me know if anyone else is planning on making it. We will be doing the Fordyce Trail on Friday, not sure about the Saturday trail yet, we may play golf in Truckee what a weekend. Now lets just hope they don't shut down this event do to Covid19, you can protest by the thousands but large groups are a no-no WTF

• Face Palm
Reactions: DrDmoney
Ok me and a buddy are signed up for Sierra Trek in Northern CA. Let me know if anyone else is planning on making it. We will be doing the Fordyce Trail on Friday, not sure about the Saturday trail yet, we may play golf in Truckee what a weekend. Now lets just hope they don't shut down this event do to Covid19, you can protest by the thousands but large groups are a no-no WTF
Yep, makes no sense

Reactions: Indy
Yep, makes no sense

We should start a thread about stuff in CA that makes since. It would save us all a lot of typing. :p

Fordyce has always been a trail that has intimidated me a bit. How would anyone who has ran it compare it to the Rubicon?

• Haha
It tougher than the Rubicon in spots, I think one of the main differences is where the Rubi has spots where you can relax and have some smooth parts for a bit. Fordyce does not have those, I have done Sierra Trek twice and have gotten through both time w/o damage. But then again having a TJR helps having the lower geared TC, and I go slow when needed and have a good spotter and you will be fine. I think your jeep is up to the task, my buddy that has gone with me has a TJ Sport with a ARB in the rear only and he gets trough.

We should start a thread about stuff in CA that makes since. It would save us all a lot of typing. :p

Fordyce has always been a trail that has intimidated me a bit. How would anyone who has ran it compare it to the Rubicon?
Lol on the Kalifornia comment. Having run Fordyce for the last 15 years, I would recommend running it during Sierra Trek first, that way you have volunteers spotting you and a drag crew that will help with repairs if needed. I agree with @Plumber1 assessment between Rubicon & Fordyce for the simple reason there’s lots of bypasses on the Rubicon and not so much on Fordyce. You can run Rubicon on 33’s taking all the bypasses. 35’s are the smallest tires recommended for Fordyce. You want a real challenge, run Fordyce backwards on any weekend before or after Sierra Trek.

Now this makes no sense to me. The Jeepers Jamboree Rubicon Trail that was set up for this weekend and Sierra Trek for next weekend had both been canceled because of Covid19 but yet Jeep Jamboree USA is a go for next weekend on the Rubicon Trail, but again Sierra Trek which is in the same area is a no go. WTF

• Sad
Now this makes no sense to me. The Jeepers Jamboree Rubicon Trail that was set up for this weekend and Sierra Trek for next weekend had both been canceled because of Covid19 but yet Jeep Jamboree USA is a go for next weekend on the Rubicon Trail, but again Sierra Trek which is in the same area is a no go. WTF
If you’ve seen the crowd that’s up there right now it makes sense, because there will be less vehicles during the JJ USA with the trail closed to the public but I’m $ure it’$ $omething el$e. 🤑

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: Plumber1 and Indy
You would think, but it looks like they got it together for High Sierra Poker Run, which is in the Shaver Lake area. I may look into this, but it is also on the Labor Day holiday weekend, so that may make it tough for son and other passengers to get away from their families but we are considering it.

https://cal4wheel.com/high-sierra-poker-run

They posted this NOTE: We are unable to offer meals this year due to Covid-19 restrictions