SilverFox escaper tracks saved my ass

kpatel0807

IF YOU OFF-ROAD YOU NEED TO PICK UP A SET OF THESE www.silverfoxoffroad.com I was originally going to look into getting a set of Matraxs but the $300 price didn't seen worth it. So i came across the these Escaper Traxs from Silverfox Offroad at only $69 and let me tell you it has been the singe greatest purchase i have ever made for my tj. A buddy of mine found this trail in my town and towards the end of it came this creek it didn't seem to bad at first so i tried to cross it and i buried my tj to the frame. At we tried towing it out with my buddies tacoma and it would not budge so i got the Escaper Traxs out put them under my front wheels and my jeep came out first try. I highly recommend if you off-road getting a set of these for only $69 you cant go wrong.

IMG_4807.PNG
IMG_4808.PNG
IMG_4809.PNG
IMG_7301.jpg

Reactions: matkal
Yep, same as these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MLRCHYN/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I have a set and have used them before. In wet / damp / muddy situations, they can work just as good as a winch in most cases.

I've used them once or twice and carry them in my truck. They are a great thing to have.
A buddy of mine tired those on amazon and the stubs on the melted off. The silverfox ones are made from higher quality plastic from my experience

A buddy of mine tired those on amazon and the stubs on the melted off. The silverfox ones are made from higher quality plastic from my experience

They are all made in China, so I sincerely doubt that.

I’ve had these ones for years and never had an issue. Just saying 👍

I have two sets, but both are Tred Pro’s from ARB. I’ve seen the cheaper ones and my neighbor bought a set. He hasn’t used them yet so I can’t say if they are good or not.

I do know mine work, have used them multiple times in snow and even used them to bridge across a gap, going over with my loaded runner with my off-road trailer, I’m over 9k pounds. They didn’t flinch.

Life time warranty and I’m sure you have seen me say, the aussie’s know off-road gear and I love knowing I can abuse the boards and they won’t blink if I broke one.

Mine were $200 a set shipped, not cheap but I agree, they will work when you don’t/can’t winch and not sure about the cheap boards but you can bridge with the Tred pros as well as the Max tracks.

Reactions: Chris
Yep, same as these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MLRCHYN/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I have a set and have used them before. In wet / damp / muddy situations, they can work just as good as a winch in most cases.

I've used them once or twice and carry them in my truck. They are a great thing to have.

I have no idea whether these are better or worse than other companies' offerings, but I was greatly entertained by the "How to use" instructions:

1.When the vehicle is in trouble, do not always try to start, because the rotation of the tire will make the vehicle further sinking, then need to use the escape board.

2.The tire must in contact with escape board.To precent the wheels from skidding,Please speed up slowly,Low range drive four wheels to the escape board.

3.when you Complete the drawing,please slowly accelerated speed until the vehicle reach a smooth surface.If this does not work, stop immediately,get out and remove the dirt or sand from the escape board and try again.

I guess that's what you get when you buy something "Orcish". For anything involving digging or dirt, Dwarvish make is always superior...

• Haha
Reactions: matkal and Chris
I have no idea whether these are better or worse than other companies' offerings, but I was greatly entertained by the "How to use" instructions:

1.When the vehicle is in trouble, do not always try to start, because the rotation of the tire will make the vehicle further sinking, then need to use the escape board.

2.The tire must in contact with escape board.To precent the wheels from skidding,Please speed up slowly,Low range drive four wheels to the escape board.

3.when you Complete the drawing,please slowly accelerated speed until the vehicle reach a smooth surface.If this does not work, stop immediately,get out and remove the dirt or sand from the escape board and try again.

I guess that's what you get when you buy something "Orcish". For anything involving digging or dirt, Dwarvish make is always superior...

Yep, Chinese instructions, written by a Chinese person who doesn't understand English very well. That gave me a good laugh though :LOL:

Like I said, I'm not denying these things work, but they are the same as any other brand you find on Amazon or eBay. They are all made in China.

Not that there is anything wrong with that, like I said, I've used them and they work. I'm just saying there is nothing special about this brand, that's all (y)

I've seen comparisons of the Maxtrax and the knock-offs. Overall, they perform similarly. The biggest gap in performance that I've seen via tests is the strength of material. Example would be to bridge a gap to drive over. Most of the knock-off brands collapsed when the weight of the rig was put upon them where the Maxtrax held the weight. Materials and design determine that, for sure. Otherwise they mostly performed the same. Maybe the knock-offs would lose teeth.

I have knock-off Maxtrax and I've only used them once. (X-Bull) They worked well.

Reactions: Chris