Slow and Steady

Ahhh, I would probably just go all black then if it were my rig.
That's what I'm thinking right now. As much as I'd like to leave the base bare (clear coat) and be able to run some bare aluminum corners from Savvy, I just don't think it'll happen fast enough for it to be a reasonable choice. I do also like the white and black look (obviously). It's simple, maybe even a little understated. But most importantly, black rattle can is easy to touch up.

Reactions: Chris
That's what I'm thinking right now. As much as I'd like to leave the base bare (clear coat) and be able to run some bare aluminum corners from Savvy, I just don't think it'll happen fast enough for it to be a reasonable choice. I do also like the white and black look (obviously). It's simple, maybe even a little understated. But most importantly, black rattle can is easy to touch up.

Haha, yep. The black rattle can or bedliner is one reason I always keep the add-ons black. It's super easy to touch-up as opposed to if they were bare.

Reactions: StG58 and PStov98TJ
I've had great luck with Rustoleum Truck Bed coating aerosol. Super durable for what it is, and gives a nice uniform texture. You could satin black the base rocker, then bed line the rocker step part.

I'll probably just go with Krylon satin black. If I'm not mistaken, Metalcloak said it matches their paint well and recommends it for touch up on their bumpers and fenders.

Got her washed up this weekend and since it's in the mid 60's here, with high 70's projected for the next 4 days, I decided it was worth it to take the doors off for a little bit. (Also secretly wanted to prove that I don't actually store my shackles on my bumper...:cool:). And still patiently awaiting my Savvy sliders....if checking the tracking number every few hours during the day counts as patient:D
4EA2C923-8D57-485D-BA2D-44F46386CA8C_zps54ighrud.jpg

Last edited:
White always looks so fresh and clean when its... clean!
I do love the way she looks all cleaned up. I've had to park in a gravel lot the past couple weeks...thankfully, the white gravel dust only shows up on the tires. Can't say my buddy who owns the black corvette in the background is as content with it as I am though:risas3:

Last edited:
Finally got the sliders installed. A big thanks to the members who helped me get these cut down to size and hole sawed for the Metalcloak fenders.

Here's a picture of my poor man's paint booth (shhh don't tell the neighbors). Painted with rustoleum black hammered finish, because MC recommends it for touch up on the powder coat so I figured it would match the best. Ignore the streaky paint job. It was windy on the 3rd floor. I'll be pulling them to sand and repaint when I have the time.
IMG_5632.JPG

IMG_5634.JPG

And here's the best poser pic I have of them so far. It rained a ton here this week. But once I get the Jeep cleaned up, I'll post some better pictures if anyone is interested. And if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.
IMG_5638.JPG

IMG_5639.JPG

Did those more than a year ago, but I want to say it took me and a friend about 7 hours. Should have only been about 6 hours though. It's a very straight forward, bolt on process. I just got ahead of myself when we were installing the first side. We got it almost all the way on before we realized the last couple of bolts weren't even close to fitting (which was operator error, not a problem with the fenders). So after pushing, pulling, and cussing for about 20 minutes trying to get it to fit, we read the instructions again and found there was a specific order you had to put the bolts in and we basically did it in reverse.

You definitely can get it done in one day. Just take your time and be methodical when reattaching the containers in the engine bay. Also, if you need to do engine work or want to do a MML, when you have the fenders off is the time to get it done.

Thanks! I know they aren't everyone's cup of tea. It took me a while to come around to the look honestly. But I finally decided to get them because I needed function over form. I needed more tire clearance without more lift, and they gave me that.

I actually prefer an understated look with little things that make it stand out like my orange winch line. I know the Metalcloak fenders aren't exactly understated, but I've only seen them on one other jeep in Mississippi. So I do like that they make my Jeep unique, like it was when it had the white soft top, and they've even started a couple conversations.

Yep, that's the hard pill for me to swallow... form over function. It's a tough decision at times!

Yep. I've tried to really use the form over function mentality lately. Which is why my next mod will finally be a re-gear. I really want to do some more cool offroad mods like the Savvy gas tank skid, a tummy tuck, new control arms, etc., but I've put new gears off long enough.