Slow and Steady

Man, yall have done some great mods. Ive been in the general discussion section for too long i guess. I started reading all the mods in this section and found lots of info. I think ill start putting my thoughts and questions here for a while.

So my top is starting to give out on me. The back window zipper separated and I had to go to an upholstery shop to get it fixed. Anyway, thinking about a new top come spring time. Maybe a frameless like the Bestop Trektop NX. Any thoughts?

So my top is starting to give out on me. The back window zipper separated and I had to go to an upholstery shop to get it fixed. Anyway, thinking about a new top come spring time. Maybe a frameless like the Bestop Trektop NX. Any thoughts?

I never cared much for the frameless top look. However, if you like that look, you can't go wrong with the Bestop, that's for certain.

Reactions: PStov98TJ
Can never go wrong using Bestop. I have a Pavement Ends (Budget offering from BT) frame less. I needed an entire top, quickly, and on a budget so I chose the frame less. Great top, easy install, quiet (all relative), and looks good. You do lose a bit of head room for rear passengers, if that is a concern. However, I do prefer the look of the standard top.

When we first bought our jeep, we found a couple rips in the top next to the front windows and the plastic glass was all scratched , so we kept the frame and ordered a new top from Bestop (on of the thicker ones ) It is great. I ordered the areospace protector spray and I put it on as recommended and it looks great. To me the frame works great and never gets in the way.

I never cared much for the frameless top look. However, if you like that look, you can't go wrong with the Bestop, that's for certain.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the look so much as the utility of the framless - at least my perceived utility vs the stock style soft top. But I've been thinking more on it and I've kinda swung back to just getting a replacement top for the stock frame. Either way, luckily it's getting to be winter, so I have time to save up some cash.

Reactions: Chris
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the look so much as the utility of the framless - at least my perceived utility vs the stock style soft top. But I've been thinking more on it and I've kinda swung back to just getting a replacement top for the stock frame. Either way, luckily it's getting to be winter, so I have time to save up some cash.
Yep, not a bad time to have to wait for a new top!

Lately I've just been repairing the small things that have built up over the years that weren't immediate problems but basic maintenance items needed to be addressed on a 20 year old vehicle. One of those things what redoing the battery connections. I'm normally not too proud of my shade tree mechanic skills, but I think these turned out pretty well.

IMG_6372.JPG

IMG_6373.JPG