So we bought a Jeep—2006 LJR

Oh, I am also legitimately afraid of heights... ask apparition how half way through I told him I had the jitters and was in over my head lol
Well that's good to know. Its not that I'm afraid of heights, like I don't mind being high I'm only afraid of heights if there's exposure to dying by way of falling from heights. So really I'm just afraid of falling to my death more than heights.

Well that's good to know. Its not that I'm afraid of heights, like I don't mind being high I'm only afraid of heights if there's exposure to dying by way of falling from heights. So really I'm just afraid of falling to my death more than heights.
Like being on a steep obstacle, at a sideways angle, with multiple rollovers the consequence of a mistake? :)

Like being on a steep obstacle, at a sideways angle, with multiple rollovers the consequence of a mistake? :)
Ya that's gonna be a no from me dawg.
200.gif

So with help from @B00mb00m today, we were able to get the power steering cooler installed with @mrblaine's brackets etc. Pretty slick design though it was a bit like a puzzle figuring how to get it all in there. Also got the old pump/gear removed. The pitman arm was a bit of a chore, but with some heat and a 3lb hammer, we got it off.

Weirdest thing for me was the strange rubber/copper 'nuts' holding in the radiator (condenser?)... seems you have to basically shred them to get them removed then replace them. I found a post on the forum from Mr. Blaine saying they were called 'well nuts' and the size, so I ordered some and we'll see if they are the right ones when they come in.

All the PSC parts are due to arrive Wednesday, so I'll be removing the old steering stabilizer and installing Blaine's bracket to attach the ram to the drag link.

One question we need answered is what is supposed to be done with the gap between the end of the ram and the bracket... (yeah, I don't know what this shit should be called... lol ) and the two aluminum cylinders that came in the kit. Probably reach out later, I hate to bug people on the weekend.

Excited though... better steering coming soon!

Cooler in place!

20210515_183108.jpg

bracket with the gap, just seems something should be filling that gap... and the two mystery cylinders above them at top right.
20210515_183047.jpg

So with help from @B00mb00m today, we were able to get the power steering cooler installed with @mrblaine's brackets etc. Pretty slick design though it was a bit like a puzzle figuring how to get it all in there. Also got the old pump/gear removed. The pitman arm was a bit of a chore, but with some heat and a 3lb hammer, we got it off.

Weirdest thing for me was the strange rubber/copper 'nuts' holding in the radiator (condenser?)... seems you have to basically shred them to get them removed then replace them. I found a post on the forum from Mr. Blaine saying they were called 'well nuts' and the size, so I ordered some and we'll see if they are the right ones when they come in.

All the PSC parts are due to arrive Wednesday, so I'll be removing the old steering stabilizer and installing Blaine's bracket to attach the ram to the drag link.

One question we need answered is what is supposed to be done with the gap between the end of the ram and the bracket... (yeah, I don't know what this shit should be called... lol ) and the two aluminum cylinders that came in the kit. Probably reach out later, I hate to bug people on the weekend.

Excited though... better steering coming soon!

Cooler in place!

View attachment 252678

bracket with the gap, just seems something should be filling that gap... and the two mystery cylinders above them at top right.
View attachment 252679
Get the clamp on the draglink, you'll barely be able to fit the two washers that go inside the clamp in there.

The "cylinders" are bolt spacers.

1621133615851.png

Reactions: B00mb00m and DaveF
Yesterday did a bit more work. Put some primer and paint on the drag link bracket, then ground down the ridge on the drag link before putting the bracket on it. Took a prybar and hammer but it's on there. Hopefully I put it on facing the right direction, did it this way based on some pics I found of others installs.

20210517_113522.jpg

Also fixed an issue with the factory tracbar bracket. The lower corner of it was sticking out a bit and was bent back into the trackbar bushing... straightened it then rounded the corner off a bit to try to avoid it catching on anything again. Still needs a dab of paint where I ground it down.

Finally, also re-mounted the breather tube by the radiator after finding it hanging below the Jeep... guess I forgot that Saturday when re-bolting up the radiator/shroud... oops.

Decided too after looking at it more to just nix the factory windshield washer reservoir and install a smaller one in a different location so I ordered this one which is supposed to be here tomorrow. I won't use all the parts, but I like that the kit has the pump built into the reservoir already, and that it has a bracket that should make it easy to pull the container if I need to get around it in the future without unscrewing anything. We'll see how it works... at 20 bucks, not much of a loss if it doesn't.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RKY5QZX/?tag=wranglerorg-20
Then I spent some more money... since people keep telling me I should install a trans cooler... I ordered some stuff to install a transmission temp sensor/gauge, always need a backlog of projects right? Before I do the cooler, I want to get a look at what the temps actually are and make sure I'm not fixing a problem that doesn't exist.

For that matter, I need to redo my parking brakes too, so I may just redo the rear brakes as well while I'm at it... Everything there is still original as far as I can tell and well, I just like having good brakes :) Need to get under there and inspect before I order parts though.

20210517_113529.jpg

Reactions: Apparition
Sweet! any chance you can share the raw version of that with me via dropbox or something? I'm working on a video of the trip and would love to have that one in there.
Certainly. Do you have a drop box account? I'll also see if I can find a few more videos of your rig.