Split Rear Seat?

JMT

Just another auto…
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Anyone know if there are any split rear seats for the TJ? Twin Seats used to modify the stock rear bench to a split bench, but they’re out of business, it appears. I need more storage for long trips, but also at least one passenger seat in the rear. I’ve seen some fabbed up by creating brackets and getting bucket seats from cars or Jeeps to mount to them, but it would be nice if there was an option readily available. Thanks.

These aren't available anymore but are you looking for something like this?
Screenshot_20180304-100013.png

Realistically something like this wouldn’t be that hard to fabricate, given the simplicity if the TJ rear seat.

I remember there being a removable third row seat from a van back in the day, that would probably get someone 80% the way there. It had that type of split fold down seat setup, but I can't remeber what it was from exactly :(

Reactions: Ephry73
I remember there being a removable third row seat from a van back in the day, that would probably get someone 80% the way there. It had that type of split fold down seat setup, but I can't remeber what it was from exactly :(

Not surprising. I’ve had my back seat out so many times. It’s really a simple, simple design. All you’d have to do is weld a frame, get a bunch of foam to surround the frame with, and then upholster a cover. For a split seat you’d have to probably weld down a few more mounts on the tub, but I can’t imagine it being anything too crazy.

Reactions: JMT and jeep_boss
Not surprising. I’ve had my back seat out so many times. It’s really a simple, simple design. All you’d have to do is weld a frame, get a bunch of foam to surround the frame with, and then upholster a cover. For a split seat you’d have to probably weld down a few more mounts on the tub, but I can’t imagine it being anything too crazy.
I wish in my mind I had your mind, so that fabbing up simple things like this seemed simple!

I might find a comfortable black bucket seat in a junkyard, have a bottom bracket piece welded up and put it in. Just want it to be easily removable. Found a write up on a Rubicon forum.

Reactions: John Cooper
I wish in my mind I had your mind, so that fabbing up simple things like this seemed simple!

I might find a comfortable black bucket seat in a junkyard, have a bottom bracket piece welded up and put it in. Just want it to be easily removable. Found a write up on a Rubicon forum.

I'm not a fabricator by any means, but I know how I'd do it if I was! The frame might be fairly simple, but I'd have to find someone to upholster it for me.

I can't find out how to purchase the seats but maybe contacting the company to get more info is the solution.

These are good for 76-06 models. Required drilling for the bracket install. The rear split fold & tumble option.
http://rampageproducts.com/Catalog/Page24.html
View attachment 33931
Great find! You dug deep in the catalog. I’ll definitely give them a call. Also, as per the 24th, looking like I can only do till about 1pm that day. We’ve got company coming for my daughters birthday that day. I can still go the 17th or 31st without any trouble.

Reactions: Ephry73
Super expensive...but man it would be so sweet for loading my kid in the back. I don't mind the drilling, but I wonder why this wouldn't fit the '03-'06 TJ's?
I know, would be sweet. At a price tag of $299, wouldn’t be bad. At over $400 I’m thinking, Currie Anti-Rock, Exogate. No idea why it wouldn’t work, must be something about the width of the seat or something that is an insurmountable barrier, or else you could modify it to get it to fit. Oh well, b0xcar found that Rampage makes one, just have to call and get their price.

Reactions: EJD
Maybe we should do the 17th or 31st if @KCsTJ can? At Hidden Falls we ran from 9am-4pm. I could have stayed out longer if I didn't have other obligations.
We’ll see what he says. Also, @Blackoutt and @TrooperJosh and @Kyle_W , is anyone game for a wheel in trip to Wolf Caves on Mar 17 or 31?

The April trip is going to be to SWR. I’ve never been there but it looks very good. I could use some lockers and gears. LOL! Maybe next year....

Last edited:
Super expensive...but man it would be so sweet for loading my kid in the back. I don't mind the drilling, but I wonder why this wouldn't fit the '03-'06 TJ's?
I think it works for the 03-06 models, I just don't think the website was updated.
Black denim Part# 5051315
Gray denim Part# 5051311
Spice denim Part# 5051317
Maybe contact bodykits.com with those part numbers and see what they can do.

I think bodykits.com just orders from rampage. If you look at JMTs post it shows rampage seats

Jeep Wrangler Rampage Fold & Tumble Rear Seat - Split Seat - Black - 5051301