Stronger Dana 30 differential cover?

https://www.extremeterrain.com/alloy-usa-differential-cover-Dana 30-11200.html
Direct from alloy is also $50
They have been shipping a cast version or they have every time we've tried to get them. If you read the description, it says they are cast or stamped. We've never found the stamped ones which is sad because it is the perfect diff cover.

Reactions: reddvltj
They have been shipping a cast version or they have every time we've tried to get them. If you read the description, it says they are cast or stamped. We've never found the stamped ones which is sad because it is the perfect diff cover.
Don't hold me to it, but I believe this will forever be the cast version. The reason they say may be one or the other is because it originally was stamped and then it was cheaper to cast it once Omix bought Alloy. Odds are you'll wind up with this one just without the ribs.

I use the Riddler differential covers. They are local here in Colorado and I got the Dana 30 and 8.8 covers for $50 each. I asked if they had any blemished units. I still can't find the blemish. I like these because they don't have the bulky size of most cast diff covers. These clear my track bar with no problem.
IMG_0645.JPG
IMG_0648.JPG

Reactions: matkal
ExtremeTerrains website states stamped steel. I dont see any mention of cast. Direct from Alloy--yes it is either 3/8" cast or 5/16" stamped. Which website did you purchase from @jodomcfrodo ? Curious to see what you get...

Mine came with an HPd30 I bought

Post up some pics when you get it. If they send a stamped one, I'll order some.

I’ll post some. Might be a bit since it’ll arrive while I’m in New York but shouldn’t be too long.

ExtremeTerrains website states stamped steel. I dont see any mention of cast. Direct from Alloy--yes it is either 3/8" cast or 5/16" steel. Which website did you purchase from @jodomcfrodo ? Curious to see what you get...

Mine came with an HPd30 I bought

I just ordered directly from the link you posted.

I just installed Spicer diff covers on my Dana 30 (Spicer 10023534) and 44 (Spicer 10023536), from Amazon. Nodular cast iron, powder coated, dual fill plugs, magnetic drain plug, tough as hell. The front Dana 30 cover clears all suspension and steering components, as my high dollar aluminum one did not. I figure my rig picked up a good 25 pounds.

My new favorite Jeep mechanic runs similar ones on his basher Ford pickup and reports them to be rockproof.

Reactions: fortuso
have you had any rubbing problems with it
Nope, I don't really have a difficult setup. I have the ZJ tie rod and run close to stock height. I don't know if that is better or worse as far as clearance goes. A quick look with a tape measure and I think it sticks out about 3/4" beyond the factory cover, 2 3/4" vs just about 2" for the stamped steel one. I painted it black, it is very plain and doesn't stand out at all which I like.

Reactions: D M
Nope, I don't really have a difficult setup. I have the ZJ tie rod and run close to stock height. I don't know if that is better or worse as far as clearance goes. A quick look with a tape measure and I think it sticks out about 3/4" beyond the factory cover, 2 3/4" vs just about 2" for the stamped steel one. I painted it black, it is very plain and doesn't stand out at all which I like.
I think thats what im gonna go with, I plan to go with the zj tie rod conversion as well along with the teraflex cover. I have 3" suspension lift, but I think I should be fine

Yep I noticed that too. Could always message them and ask before buying I guess.
We have done that many times. Each time they tell us that they are shipping cast steel which is likely bullshit anyway. Steel's molten temp is too high for sand cast molds and tears them up pretty badly when it is poured in. I'd much prefer a steel knuckle but we can't do it without ceramic slurry molds and that drives the cost way up. I suspect they are pouring a high strength nodular iron.

Reactions: ranger101