Stupid Stuff My Company Does

On rolls would make sense, but sadly it was 8.5 by 11 and went straight in the recycling container.

Last edited:
Was it on rolls?
All paper starts on rolls at the mill, it is the grain (direction of the fiber) and thickness that is what determines how it will "play well" with copiers. They obviously sold garbage and since it was "lowest" bidder they won!...I guess lowest bidder did not work out that time?

I find it sad (and amusing) the statement "good enough for government work" meant very high standards when the phrase was coined in the WW2 era. I wish it meant that now.
Wait, it used to mean something was good quality?

I get a kick out of the situation in the firearms community where the purist brag their exact issue parts "exceed mil-spec". To me that logic makes as much sense as "military intelligence". (Sorry Intel guys and gals who may read this, but your cohorts in '03 did not make a positive impression.)

All paper starts on rolls at the mill, it is the grain (direction of the fiber) and thickness that is what determines how it will "play well" with copiers. They obviously sold garbage and since it was "lowest" bidder they won!...I guess lowest bidder did not work out that time?
;)

Heres another one--I have a client who asked for a document to be sent to him in DocuSign because he is traveling currently and needs to sign our doucment ASAP. I asked our helpdesk if I can covert the pdf into docusign and they say "you have to call corporate". I call corporate. They say "you need to call IT". I call IT. IT says "you have to get permission from your department manager. Once approved, We can install it on your computer." I get it approved and within two minutes get back with IT. IT says "well everyone is out for the day, we'll have to get it to you tomorrow". Meanwhile my client is on an airplane waiting. I get that its a last minute order, but c'mon, get with someone in the IT dept and say its an emergency. Our IT Dept works easier hours than a banker:rolleyes: