SwayLOC setting for an LJ

Irun

A vicious cycle of doing, undoing, and re-doing!
Supporting Member
Driving my TJ and LJ, both with a SwayLoc, I've noticed a significant difference in body roll on the LJ. Both have similar spring and shock setups, and both are set to the outer most hole. For those of you with an LJ, which hole do you set your links in?

Third hole from the end of the arm. No particular reason for this - it’s just where I put it during installation. It drives nice so I never moved it. I do notice when I forget to re-engage the outer bar after off-roading-the back end fees disconnected and body roll is more pronounced.

Reactions: Irun
It would be helpful if folks mentioned what shock setup they have.

My Swayloc is in it's loosest setting, yet I'm getting an unfavorable amount of body roll. I attribute this to the slushy shocks, the rear triangulated 4-link, and the Swayloc setting (to some extent).

Once I get my shock setup finalized, I plan to cycle the axle to find the stiffest Swayloc setting that doesn't limit travel.

Reactions: Rut Row
It would be helpful if folks mentioned what shock setup they have.

My Swayloc is in it's loosest setting, yet I'm getting an unfavorable amount of body roll. I attribute this to the slushy shocks, the rear triangulated 4-link, and the Swayloc setting (to some extent).

Once I get my shock setup finalized, I plan to cycle the axle to find the stiffest Swayloc setting that doesn't limit travel.

The second from loosest does not limit 12" travel shocks.

Reactions: PNW_LJ
My Sway-Loc arms are set at the loosest (rearmost) position on my LJ.

That is the position the designer of the Sway-Loc (Blaine) suggested.

Might as well go back to Antirock’s

-evil laughter-

Sounds like something one of Jerry's Kids might say, but that would be ignoring the fact that engaging the outer tube results in a front swaybar assembly the same stiffness or slightly stiffer than the factory swaybar even with the Sway-Loc arms in the loosest setting - something an Anti-Rock cannot do.

Sounds like something one of Jerry's Kids might say, but that would be ignoring the fact that engaging the outer tube results in a front swaybar assembly the same stiffness or slightly stiffer than the factory swaybar even with the Sway-Loc arms in the loosest setting - something an Anti-Rock cannot do.

I was only being a smart ass.

I was just thinking of the shit show of a thread about AR and SL recently

Let's say for a minute we have an lJ and a tj that are exactly the same suspension wise. Same everything including driver. Would an lj require a different setting for the front bar to feel the same as a tj?

Let's say for a minute we have an lJ and a tj that are exactly the same suspension wise. Same everything including driver. Would an lj require a different setting for the front bar to feel the same as a tj?

This is something @freedom_in_4low has brought up before.

More specifically how LJs might actually have LESS weight in the rear as compared to a similarly equipped TJ.

Reactions: P man
Jerry's kids...
IMG_1583.jpeg

Reactions: Mr. Bills

As far as I know, the factory used the same front swaybar on TJ and LJ. What does that tell us? :)

That the bean counters reining in the engineers thought one swaybar was gud enuf.

This might be a good topic for discussion. If money weren't a constraint, what should have been different on the LJ compared to the TJ? (other than the obvious "larger tires and a small lift" answer).

No, but the two would feel different for other reasons.