Tcase leaking after SYE

Longhorn84

TJ Enthusiast
I can’t pinpoint the exact leak yet but there was quite a bit of fluid on the skid plate. I did realize today that I left the cap on the vent line I put on when I had it out of the Jeep. I’ve probably driven it 5 or so miles. What’s my most likely leak point? It would suck to have to remove at this point but seems like I may have to.

Did you put RTV on the output shaft housing? There is also a rubber seal that slips over the output shaft. I watched the Advanced Adapters video and they put RTV around that small seal as well. I wouldn’t have known this without watching the video.

Good question. I used that video as my guide but I can’t remember my exact steps, they do mention a “rubber star washer” which my teraflex kit did not come with. It’s possible I left out RTV on front and rear which I guess is an easy fix if that’s the case. It’s not obvious it’s leaking from there though and I’m not sure I will be able to tell without watching it as it’s driving.

I used the Advanced Adapters SYE kit. I also used a rebuild kit. I think the rubber star washer was in the rebuild kit. The washer that was originally on the output shaft was a bit worn but probably could have been reused with some RTV.

maybe just opening the vent will help.

I installed the SS Advanced Adapter kit and the star washer wasn't included. It took me a few purchases to find the right sized one. Model number for mine is 4446487 but it wasn't listed in the dealer computer for my 2005.

I installed the SS Advanced Adapter kit and the star washer wasn't included. It took me a few purchases to find the right sized one. Model number for mine is 4446487 but it wasn't listed in the dealer computer for my 2005.
Nice, thanks! Love $3 parts as a potential fix!