Team LJ: TJ Fest 2021

We had a great day on Metal Masher and Gemini Bridges! Most people took the bypass for Widow Maker. The three of us that went took one look and drove out. No way any of us were getting up that monster without help from above. Its easily over 8' high.

View attachment 246521

I'd have to try it at least ONCE and as long as I didn't end up on my lid I'd consider it a WIN...

Message #1 Updated!

Wednesday has been changed! Team LJ will meet for breakfast in town and caravan to Potash Rd trailhead. Breakfast details are being worked out and I will update everyone no later than Tuesday. I'm shooting for 8am breakfast and on the road by 9am. Lathrop and White Rim have been canceled.

The drive to Potash is pretty along the Colorado River. Once on the trail we will pass the Potash mines where I will wow (bore) you with some history and facts about the mine. Then we'll continue on and visit the site where Thelma and Louise drove their 1966 Ford Thunderbird off the "Grand Canyon" in "Arizona". See it here... "Thelma & Louise" - Ending Scene HD

We'll finish the short day on Shafer Switchbacks early giving everyone a much needed break from 4-wheeling and time to catch up on laundry or whatever. There are still two long days of trails on Thursday and Friday.

WEDNESDAY BREAKFAST!
We are meeting at the Moab Diner at 9:00am on Wednesday before heading out for an easy day on Potash Rd. The day will end early early afternoon giving you plenty of time to catch up on laundry, shopping, etc. Then Team LJ will be hosting a party Wednesday evening at Casa de LJ.

So take a break, sleep in, join us for breakfast, run a simple scenic trail including Shafer Switchbacks, take care of some personal things and join us for a social gathering later that night!

Moab Diner (click link)

20210426_170024.jpg