Texas Texas Jeepers!

Good spot to meet at is by the latrine area
They have a stand where we can put our doors

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Perfect. I’ve got a cargo carrier loaded w gear and doors to take off for the day

Here are some photos from our trip to Hiddenfalls
There was 4 Tj's representin!
79c91bdc7b5c06368d8c47cbf2a643d6.jpg
0e1106d66863fa208f885fc0e895d56c.jpg
63d439e4dfdf87c7b0c0b58676b4e7c1.jpg
6a1f1ac640c6fa7ae0e7e8480fb775c5.jpg
d15fa6e45484451f8da747f01168a8b9.jpg
82316d52cb22b60e93660aeff4b94a73.jpg
3c86625ba06e7d80f44992a0f5b61c31.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Have any of you guys been to the OHV park near Bridgeport, Tx? Bridgeport is about 10 miles west of Decatur.
Never been, thinking of checking it out either this coming Saturday, May 5, or possibly Sat, May 12. I will confirm the date as soon as my allows.
Any/all welcome to meet up :)
I'm Keith btw

Texas jeepers: I am looking for a 4.0 to build. I don't like being the weak link in the chain, lol. Time for a 4.0 beast like most of you guys.
I can't afford a nice one right now so if you hear of a TJ with a blown 4.0 motor I want it. Dream find would be a red or blue Rubicon with blown motor :)

Texas jeepers: I am looking for a 4.0 to build. I don't like being the weak link in the chain, lol. Time for a 4.0 beast like most of you guys.
I can't afford a nice one right now so if you hear of a TJ with a blown 4.0 motor I want it. Dream find would be a red or blue Rubicon with blown motor :)
Brosef, don't consider yourself a weak link. The 2.5 is actually very reliable, sure it doesn't have the power but when you are in 4 low, it's pretty rare to find that you need more power if you are using the right gears. I never got stranded with my 2.5 and it was always easy to work on but never did need a lot of work in the first place. In fact, the only reason I did an engine swap was because my 2.5 was knocking hard and my AX5 it was paired to was busted up otherwise I would still be rocking it, slowly of course :)

Is it possible to blow the 4.0? Ha!

What price range you thinking? I’m with @balfred, you could prob put that money in your current Jeep and be a lot happier!

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/2002-jeep-wrangler/6561425400.html

Reactions: KCsTJ
Brosef, don't consider yourself a weak link. The 2.5 is actually very reliable, sure it doesn't have the power but when you are in 4 low, it's pretty rare to find that you need more power if you are using the right gears. I never got stranded with my 2.5 and it was always easy to work on but never did need a lot of work in the first place. In fact, the only reason I did an engine swap was because my 2.5 was knocking hard and my AX5 it was paired to was busted up otherwise I would still be rocking it, slowly of course :)
Could be my inexperience, only been wheeling twice but I was very surprised how well the 2.5 performed

Could be my inexperience, only been wheeling twice but I was very surprised how well the 2.5 performed
It's not your inexperience. The 2.5 is ok when properly geared, still sucks on mountainous highways though regardless but then again, why is everyone in such a rush to get places?

Reactions: KCsTJ and JMT