Texas Texas Jeepers!

Looks like work will allow a trip to the Bridgeport, Tx OHV park this Sat the 12th. I'm going to investigate this place and wheel a few trails in the process.
I know nothing about this place.
If someone knows this place give me a thumbs up or down. I don't have to go, I'm just curious. :)
I'll report back, any/all welcome even last minuters

Reactions: b0xcar and JMT
Could be my inexperience, only been wheeling twice but I was very surprised how well the 2.5 performed
I should have asked explicitly why the 4.0 and not build up the 2.5. I kind of thought you wanted the 2.5 for a DD and a red and blue one to round out the American team! After our last trip, I thought, “He could build up the 2.5.” But I assumed you wanted to put that dough toward a 4.0. I don’t want to sway you either way, but a 2.5 build is doable. 2.5”OME, adjustable front track bar, 32’s would be a good setup. But that setup would work for a 4.0 too! Find a Rubi and it’s way more capable out of the box.

Reactions: KCsTJ
I should have asked explicitly why the 4.0 and not build up the 2.5. I kind of thought you wanted the 2.5 for a DD and a red and blue one to round out the American team! After our last trip, I thought, “He could build up the 2.5.” But I assumed you wanted to put that dough toward a 4.0. I don’t want to sway you either way, but a 2.5 build is doable. 2.5”OME, adjustable front track bar, 32’s would be a good setup. But that setup would work for a 4.0 too! Find a Rubi and it’s way more capable out of the box.
You are right on all counts @JMT. I am considering the 2.5 OME in the future and will look into 32s.
Also need to do something about my mall crawler wheels, lol but hey I bought my 97 TJ from a 17 y.o. girl :-/ :)

@Kyle_W
Since you are in the city next to me, if you ever want to go shoot some pool or meet up let me know, we are the same age if I remember right

I shot you a text the other day, haha I basically suggested doing the same thing you just suggested! My ACC semester ends this weekend - perhaps the following weekend you and I could run up to Hidden Falls? And if anyone else wants to go, then of course we'd love to have them.

I shot you a text the other day, haha I basically suggested doing the same thing you just suggested! My ACC semester ends this weekend - perhaps the following weekend you and I could run up to Hidden Falls? And if anyone else wants to go, then of course we'd love to have them.
If you come on Sat I can meet you guys out there after work.

Reactions: KCsTJ
Yes, next Sat would be fine. I work Sats now but live in MF. It wouldnt take me long to get out to HF after work.
Ah shucks! I wanna go but I’ll be in Wanda TX camping and racing MTB that Fri/Sat

Reactions: b0xcar
Running well, thanks for asking! The regear made a huge difference. Before I was in my last gear (3rd) at 15-20 mph. Now it shifts to 3rd around 30-40 mph and I’m turning right around 3,000 rpm at 70 mph.

I think most beaches don’t allow driving for safety reasons. People laying in the sand can be hard to see, kids running and playing and of course people like to drink at the beach.

Port A treats the beach road as an actual road meaning all rules of the road apply to both drivers and pedestrians. There are bolsters on large parts of the beach to provide areas where vehicles can’t go which gives people places to enjoy the beach safely.

It’s a fun place, you should take a trip and check it out!

I should, love the beach!
Interesting about driving on the beach I had no idea.
Didn't think about Sun bathers being hard to see, just looks like a beach is where a Jeep belongs.
Glad that gearing helped, makes a huge difference