Texas Texas Jeepers!

I may be able to go by then depending on how my recovery is at that time. I’ll follow the thread and see how I’m feeling as it gets closer

We hope so! As long as you can sit and drive, you're good.
I don't take a "vacation" per se so I treat these 2 day wheelin trips as a mini vacation.
I don't wheel as hard as some do cuz my.TJ is.my DD plus I need it to get me back to Dallas after wheelin !
So sometimes I'll take a bypass route..
But I like jeep heads and these little trips are good therapy :)

Reactions: DA RUNT
We hope so! As long as you can sit and drive, you're good.
I don't take a "vacation" per se so I treat these 2 day wheelin trips as a mini vacation.
I don't wheel as hard as some do cuz my.TJ is.my DD plus I need it to get me back to Dallas after wheelin !
So sometimes I'll take a bypass route..
But I like jeep heads and these little trips are good therapy :)

Yeah it would be great to get out there and meet some new Jeep peeps. Wheeling is great therapy :drive:

Reactions: KCsTJ
With a house at Lake Buchanan you get to sleep in AC
Speaking of 'lake house' I live in one. All i need are some good jeep trails around here.
I could easily put up 20+ jeep heads overnight here.
Problem is, as I understand, no decent trails around here... :-/
I've been told the nearest trail is in Bridgeport and I hear it's crowded on weekends. Haven't checked it out yet.

I’m good on these dates
Sept 22nd.
Oct 13th, 20th or 27th

I’m trying to beat the heat with the later dates

Reactions: b0xcar and KCsTJ
Yeah I had some thoughts around a “TX TJ Distress Network”. We’ve got North Texas covered, @JMT & @b0xcar have Central Texas. It’d be a last ditch emergency reach out after other resources had been exhausted, but would be a nice option if you were truly stranded. I’ve got some people looking at text messaging tools that could be setup so that you could text a number and it goes out to a group. Then you can reply to that individual without every response going to a group message. Depending on the cost it may be easier/cheaper just to share everyone’s numbers and have it go through group. I’ll keep you guys posted and put something in the Texas Jeepers post for anyone else that may be interested.

This was posted in another thread, but bringing it to this one. I setup a group chat via the app GroupMe. The initial intention was for it to be an emergency safety network for us TX TJ'ers in the event of a breakdown while traveling the state. You can join the group without the app, but it then sends a text message each time a person sends a message. That would be fine for an emergency only basis, but this will likely turn into more of a chat, so you probably want to download the app.

Send me a message with your first name and phone number if you'd like to join. It would be nice to have good coverage across the state. @KCsTJ and I have North Texas covered. @JMT and @b0xcar can help out in Central Texas. We could use some coverage in:

Panhandle - @TJ2 lookin at you!
South - @jeepins
East - ???
Far West - ???
Deep South - ???

Im game.
Im getting ready to switch all my parts over to Metalcloak from Rock Krawler. Their damn joints on the control arms keep blowing out... during street driving.. guess im a serious Mall crawler now
910297b70661394a50b70e0fb4f2b62b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Im game.
Im getting ready to switch all my parts over to Metalcloak from Rock Krawler. Their damn joints on the control arms keep blowing out... during street driving.. guess im a serious Mall crawler now View attachment 49841

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
And that CA joint even has it's own zerk fitting ...
Cool Brad! Hope we can get lots of jeeps together.

hi all, recently joined the forum. Im from the waco area. b0xcar referred me to this thread. looking forward to chatting with some fellow tx jeepers
Nice LJ! You're not far from the Hill Country. I think we're slated for a run at Hidden Falls in October. Love to have you.

Do you have any plans for your LJ?

Nice LJ! You're not far from the Hill Country. I think we're slated for a run at Hidden Falls in October. Love to have you.

Right now shes all stock, minus some interior lighting upgrade

Right now she's all stock minus some interior lighting upgrades and some cleaning.
planning on (when the money situation allows) :
-2.5" ome suspension lift
-31"/32" rubber
-new front and rear bumpers
- winch(not sure what brand yet)
-headlight and taillight LED upgrades
-thinking of painting headlight bezels black(thoughts?)
-alien sunshade
-possibly more im missing but have written down somewhere at home

Right now she's all stock minus some interior lighting upgrades and some cleaning.
-2.5" ome suspension lift
-31"/32" rubber
-new front and rear bumpers
- winch(not sure what brand yet)
-headlight and taillight LED upgrades
-thinking of painting headlight bezels black(thoughts?)
-alien sunshade
-possibly more im missing but have written down somewhere at home
this is how she sits right now

IMG_8839.JPG

IMG_8840 - Copy.JPG

IMG_8840.JPG

IMG_8841.JPG

IMG_8847.PNG

IMG_8848.PNG

Reactions: b0xcar
headlight bezels black?

I did mine. I like it. If you do it, rough them up a bit with some 220 grit sandpaper, wipe down with a lint free cloth and alcohol till the cloth is clean. Spray with a self-etching primer and topcoat of your choice. Follow the directions on the aerosol can. Satin black is good.

For winch,

Warn is tops
Superwinch and Engo make good cost-savings winches.

Reactions: CTXTJguy
headlight bezels black?

I did mine. I like it. If you do it, rough them up a bit with some 220 grit sandpaper, wipe down with a lint free cloth and alcohol till the cloth is clean. Spray with a self-etching primer and topcoat of your choice. Follow the directions on the aerosol can. Satin black is good.
ive seen a few pics of some with them painted black and it looked slick. was wondering if it would look good on a silver jeep

ive seen a few pics of some with them painted black and it looked slick. was wondering if it would look good on a silver jeep
I think so, but it's personal preference.

Welcome aboard CTXTJguy. if you plan to wheel with our fellow TX here at Hidden Falls in October you better hurry up with your mods!!!
2.5" lift on 32" rubber for LJ does not cut it though, because of the longer wheel base. Maybe you ride with JMT :)

Welcome aboard CTXTJguy. if you plan to wheel with our fellow TX here at Hidden Falls in October you better hurry up with your mods!!!
2.5" lift on 32" rubber for LJ does not cut it though, because of the longer wheel base. Maybe you ride with JMT :)
Sure, hop in.

Another good reason to go with a 4", that longer wheelbase.

Reactions: CTXTJguy