Texas Texas Jeepers!

To: all Tx jeepers
Re: fall jeep wheelin?

Just throwing an idea out there for a possible fall Jeep rendezvous ...

With the addition of new jeepers to the forum, it would be cool to throw together a dozen jeeps (or more?) for some wheelin...

The location I have no idea. Doesn't seem to be much around Dallas so if you like the idea, submit a location and we can go from there.

My timeline would be around when night temps are around 50*F. Thats nice camping weather.

I have twice this year, met up with jeepers in the Tx hill country. I drove down from Dallas the day before, camped out in my jeep and wheeled the next day, it worked out really well!

If interested, post ideas for locations and times :)

To: all Tx jeepers
Re: fall jeep wheelin?

Just throwing an idea out there for a possible fall Jeep rendezvous ...

With the addition of new jeepers to the forum, it would be cool to throw together a dozen jeeps (or more?) for some wheelin...

The location I have no idea. Doesn't seem to be much around Dallas so if you like the idea, submit a location and we can go from there.

My timeline would be around when night temps are around 50*F. Thats nice camping weather.

I have twice this year, met up with jeepers in the Tx hill country. I drove down from Dallas the day before, camped out in my jeep and wheeled the next day, it worked out really well!

If interested, post ideas for locations and times :)
I’m game

@KCsTJ

How about Hidden Falls?. It’s very central and close to Austin, San Antonio, folks from Dallas can make an overnight trip out of it. If I have enough heads up, I can house some folks at a place on Lake Buchanan the night before. From there Hidden Falls is 45 minutes.

@jchadscud
@TrooperJosh
@Blackoutt
@b0xcar
@TJ2
@???

@KCsTJ

How about Hidden Falls?. It’s very central and close to Austin, San Antonio, folks from Dallas can make an overnight trip out of it. If I have enough heads up, I can house some folks at a place on Lake Buchanan the night before. From there Hidden Falls is 45 minutes.

@jchadscud
@TrooperJosh
@Blackoutt
@b0xcar
@TJ2
@???
Hidden Falls would be ok. There's not much in terms of trails around Dallas that I know of so a central location makes sense

How about around late September? Mid-September is always hit and miss on the heat, but toward the end it starts to get nice.

How about around late September? Mid-September is always hit and miss on the heat, but toward the end it starts to get nice.
I'm good tor just about any time as long as it's cool.at night it's tough sleeping when it's too warm out. The last thing I want is to drive 4 hrs and get no sleep :-/

I'm good tor just about any time as long as it's cool.at night it's tough sleeping when it's too warm out. The last thing I want is to drive 4 hrs and get no sleep :-/
With a house at Lake Buchanan you get to sleep in AC

Let's do it. I haven't met up with any Jeepers from Texas and would love to do so.

Hidden falls or Wolfs Cave? I don't care where.

@JMT, you think late September?
Hey there @Kyle_W .... that's a general time estimate, details to be nailed down in the upcoming weeks.
Just giving tx jeepers a heads up :)

BTW I like your signature quote ☺

Let's do it. I haven't met up with any Jeepers from Texas and would love to do so.

Hidden falls or Wolfs Cave? I don't care where.

@JMT, you think late September?
Hey Skype,

Yeah, I think late September would be a good time. Give it awhile to cool off!

Reactions: KCsTJ
Would definitely like to make the trip! I’ll keep an eye here for the details!
Love to have you down. I’ll get the Lakehouse set up when we get a date in late Sept. I can get it for Friday night and we can wheel Saturday.

Reactions: KCsTJ and Kyle_W
Dont forget we are in Texas. August is usually our hottest month. Those temps (90s) can carry through Sept. Oct. starts to cool off (sometimes) in the 80s with lows in the 60s.

I'm in regardless. I will throw some dates out there that I would be available.

Sept 1st, 8th, 15th or 22nd.
Oct 13th, 20th or 27th.

Reactions: Baird and KCsTJ
Dont forget we are in Texas. August is usually our hottest month. Those temps (90s) can carry through Sept. Oct. starts to cool off (sometimes) in the 80s with lows in the 60s.

I'm in regardless. I will throw some dates out there that I would be available.

Sept 1st, 8th, 15th or 22nd.
Oct 13th, 20th or 27th.
I agree b0xcar, summer can linger around and still be hot in to the fall.
We got time to see how the weather shakes out, will know lots more as fall approaches