Texas Texas Jeepers!

Did you ever get to Barnwell Mountain? I’m in Dallas as well looking for some local folks
I’ve been to Barnwell, I found it hard to navigate…the map really sucked (and they charge you for it!!!), and nobody in our group had been there before. It lightly drizzled while we were there and I’ve STILL got red dirt all up in everything. 🤬

I would love to go back sometime with somebody who knows the place.

I’ve been to Barnwell, I found it hard to navigate…the map really sucked (and they charge you for it!!!), and nobody in our group had been there before. It lightly drizzled while we were there and I’ve STILL got red dirt all up in everything. 🤬

I would love to go back sometime with somebody who knows the place.
I by no means have the map memorized but I tagged along with trail lizards out of bossier city when I was there and they knew literally every single rock on every trail….. they briefed me on all lines before we ever started down the trail. We should definitely meet there with them sometime soon as they were very helpful.

F6D07583-E47B-40BE-8A19-BF216FD5AC82.jpeg

Reactions: PRNDL
I was out at Bridgeport 2/27 and BMRA on 3/19.

Bridgeport has some decent trails. I didn't get into the difficult stuff, it was my first time out in over a decade and was kind of a shakedown run after the lift. From what I saw, there's plenty more to get into. I'm hoping to get back up there in the next month or so.

PXL_20220227_194348423.MP.jpg

PXL_20220227_205900532.MP.jpg

I've been to BMRA several times back in '08-'09 and my memory of the park itself has all but disappeared. Going back a few weeks ago, it felt like an entirely new place. I agree the map is awful and the copy i received looks like it hasn't been updated or revised since 2011. The park is pretty massive, lots to explore (read: get lost in). That red dirt is miserable to remove though. I had my son with me and didn't get a lot of pictures. I'll be headed back there over the Father's Day weekend with Lone Star Jeep Club.
PXL_20220319_193703921.MP.jpg

I was out at Bridgeport 2/27 and BMRA on 3/19.

Bridgeport has some decent trails. I didn't get into the difficult stuff, it was my first time out in over a decade and was kind of a shakedown run after the lift. From what I saw, there's plenty more to get into. I'm hoping to get back up there in the next month or so.

View attachment 319628
View attachment 319629

I've been to BMRA several times back in '08-'09 and my memory of the park itself has all but disappeared. Going back a few weeks ago, it felt like an entirely new place. I agree the map is awful and the copy i received looks like it hasn't been updated or revised since 2011. The park is pretty massive, lots to explore (read: get lost in). That red dirt is miserable to remove though. I had my son with me and didn't get a lot of pictures. I'll be headed back there over the Father's Day weekend with Lone Star Jeep Club.
View attachment 319627
Barnwell is awesome!

I’ll be at Hot Springs offroad last weekend of April with a large group from Louisiana if you or anyone else want to join us. KOA is 5 minutes outside the park and has very reasonable cabin prices. Also 10 minutes from the downtown strip. Makes for an awesome weekend

Barnwell is awesome!

I’ll be at Hot Springs offroad last weekend of April with a large group from Louisiana if you or anyone else want to join us. KOA is 5 minutes outside the park and has very reasonable cabin prices. Also 10 minutes from the downtown strip. Makes for an awesome weekend
Hot springs is on my list. Wish I could, but I can't make that trip in April.

Saw this today for the DFW crew. Probably not the most exciting place, but worth checking out.

https://lonestaroffroadpark.com/
I’ve heard it is straight mud, I’ve had my share of mud on snorkeled four wheelers before so I’m going to pass on this place. It’s pretty cool they have a place within the metroplex though, I think that’s awesome

If anyone is ever looking for a place to stay in Hot Springs, I have an AirBnB in town (6 miles from HSORV) and 1 mile from Bathhouse row. Send me a PM and book direct through me to save all the AirBnB/VRBO fees, it is a decent savings. I have had two 20' trailers with pickups and two jeeps parked there with no problems.
Hot Springs Bungalow

If anyone is ever looking for a place to stay in Hot Springs, I have an AirBnB in town (6 miles from HSORV) and 1 mile from Bathhouse row. Send me a PM and book direct through me to save all the AirBnB/VRBO fees, it is a decent savings. I have had two 20' trailers with pickups and two jeeps parked there with no problems.
Hot Springs Bungalow
I’ll keep this in mind. We already have a camper cabin reservation at KOA but are looking to return soon with friends and more toys

Anyone from the Nacogdoches area? I'm eating at Maklemore's and there are two Rubicon LJs in the parking lot.