Texas Texas Jeepers!

I just bought my '06 LJ in September and I just recently found Hidden Falls and really want to go sometime and meet some other Jeeps in Texas. I don't think I can make it this weekend unfortunately. This is new for me, I'm use to classic cars and lowered trucks which I still have both of. We'll see how it goes. I bought it with 2.5" lift and I just put wheels/tires on it.
So you're on the equivalent of 33's. You should be good for some trails in the Hill Country. I'd love to see your Jeep. Hope you can make it out sometime. I know it's a haul from Houston area, but come out, camp, wheel, get the feel for driving offroad, it would be fun.

Reactions: b0xcar
:-/ ... ugh. Cant make it on the 13th.
My new to me 05 came up with a bad precat P0431 last week so I'm going to replace both precats asap and get that problem solved.
My 97 has been giving me misfire codes since I got it back from the tranny shop in Sept. Thought I repaired the problem but another misfire today.
I can't take either jeep on this trip. Maybe shoot for Nov possibly.

:-/ ... ugh. Cant make it on the 13th.
My new to me 05 came up with a bad precat P0431 last week so I'm going to replace both precats asap and get that problem solved.
My 97 has been giving me misfire codes since I got it back from the tranny shop in Sept. Thought I repaired the problem but another misfire today.
I can't take either jeep on this trip. Maybe shoot for Nov possibly.
Bummer!! Was looking forward to seeing the blue Jeep. Hopefully you will get it sorted out soon. Maybe even have a few upgrades for next trip?

Reactions: JMT and KCsTJ
Bummer!! Was looking forward to seeing the blue Jeep. Hopefully you will get it sorted out soon. Maybe even have a few upgrades for next trip?
Absolutely @b0xcar - a 2 inch SL is in the immediate works to be followed by a 1" BL.
I put new plugs in this week, man that 4.0 is powerful, just have to get thru this precat bank2 snafu. :-/

Reactions: JMT and b0xcar
I’ll be there around 9:15-30. Nate is the same. Tim can’t come till 11-12. Brad no later than 10. There will be four rigs in all. 3 TJs and an XJ

Last edited:
Us NorCal guys are meeting up tomorrow for some Skillz day thing. About 4 or 5 from this forum. Y’all post up pics and we shall too ! Have fun tomorrow!
Thanks brah! Will do! Looks like we’re going to have a muddy one.

So you're on the equivalent of 33's. You should be good for some trails in the Hill Country. I'd love to see your Jeep. Hope you can make it out sometime. I know it's a haul from Houston area, but come out, camp, wheel, get the feel for driving offroad, it would be fun.
Yes, they're like 32.6"x12", I'll make it up there eventually. Yes I won't to make the weekend out of it and camp out and other. I've been to Burnett before just not driven the LJ that far yet. I can't get up there soon enough.

Reactions: JMT
Hidden Falls meet up was a blast. Winches came in handy as everyone in the group had to be winched at one point in time. Today was definitely my favorite wheeling trip by far! FM TRO has to be the best trail out there. I believe it took us about 3 1/2 hrs to complete. Exhausting trail, but a great one!

I didn't get a chance for many good pictures as the creek beds are just too narrow.

I was actually able to get out there at 10 after work this morning. Met up with @JMT and we started off on Snoopy Falls.

20181013_103129.jpg

Further down the trail, JMT found a nice hole.

20181013_103441.jpg

He was very persistent...

Time for recovery vehicle #1. We thought about winching straight out but... I noticed a pretty solid tree to the left and figured a snatch block would be best used. Worked great!

20181013_104535.jpg

20181013_104648.jpg

Decided to back up and take the high ground.

20181013_105319.jpg

20181013_105328.jpg

We tooled around a little more and then head back to Area B. Met up with Nate and his XJ. From here we decided to head out to FM TRO. A very long trail. Really long, for ever long, did I say long yet trail?

20181013_120208.jpg

20181013_143108.jpg

20181013_151700.jpg

20181013_151906.jpg

After FM TRO we took Penthouse up to WildCat Mountain for the group shot.

20181013_161115.jpg

20181013_161133.jpg

What a great day!

Missed you @KCsTJ @Blackoutt @jchadscud and the rest of you Texas guys!