Texas Texas Jeepers!

Very promising. I just need to research how they mount.
The reviews and Q/A said they are strong enough to use as a lift point for a HiJack lift...??
Very interesting.. Thanks!

I'm planning on using them to support the weight of the Jeep.

Reactions: Tldelaney
Go here to get the installation manual for the above BodyArmor 4X4 sliders. It looks like a copy of a copy of a copy but it has step-by-step instructs.
https://www.bodyarmor4x4.com/installation-instructions/Then, click on the button near-ish the bottom on the right that says:
TJ-4121-WU-4121.png

Yeesh! That came out way bigger than I thought it would. Anyway, you get the point, right? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Very promising. I just need to research how they mount.
The reviews and Q/A said they are strong enough to use as a lift point for a HiJack lift...??
Very interesting.. Thanks!

I'm planning on using them to support the weight of the Jeep.
I wouldn't ever use a frame mounted or body mounted slider to support the weight of my Jeep. If you think you have issues with the rocker panels, you'll have bigger problems if you put the weight of the Jeep on something mounted to the frame or body mounts. What's so wrong with the rocker panels? If there are other holes in there it shouldn't be a problem. The main thing is to make sure there's no raw metal exposed. A new tub mounted slider like the one mentioned by @Tldelaney would cover everything else.

Sunday March 21st wheeling trip. We are open to Wolf Caves or Hidden Falls. Posting to see who is interested.

Post if you can make it and where you would like to wheel.

Thank you
Dang!! We’re heading out to Big Bend the following Thursday. Will join y’all next time.

Reactions: b0xcar
I wouldn't ever use a frame mounted or body mounted slider to support the weight of my Jeep. If you think you have issues with the rocker panels, you'll have bigger problems if you put the weight of the Jeep on something mounted to the frame or body mounts. What's so wrong with the rocker panels? If there are other holes in there it shouldn't be a problem. The main thing is to make sure there's no raw metal exposed. A new tub mounted slider like the one mentioned by @Tldelaney would cover everything else.
I just meant that I’ll be using the slides for their intended purpose.

I’ll take a hard look at all the suggestions including this one. Thanks to you all. Awesome as always!

I'm in...assuming I have my danged Jeep back 😒
I should, it's just waiting on parts that are no doubt delayed due to the covidity.

I would prefer HF because I'm planning on making it to WC the next weekend with the SAJE gang.

Well, I have my TJ back but, once the shop did the alignment, I now have death wobble...big time. 😨

Since mine has a boat-load of play in it, I have a rebuilt steering gear box on order and it should show up on Thursday. My ball joints are new Spicers and my track bar, tie rod ends, drag link ends, and upper & lower control arms all seem nice and tight, My geometry looks good and I don't see anything else that's loose or unsavory, so I'm hoping it's just the steering box (perhaps, coupled with a wonky tire). I'll be picking up the mounted and balanced Mickey Thompson 35" tires/wheels on Monday.

The good news is that the Jeep does not wander as much as it did before (until I go above about 45, then the wobble of death appears) and I do now have my 4.88 gears to support said 35" tires.👍

So here's hoping for being functional this coming weekend.🤞

Well, I have my TJ back but, once the shop did the alignment, I now have death wobble...big time. 😨

Since mine has a boat-load of play in it, I have a rebuilt steering gear box on order and it should show up on Thursday. My ball joints are new Spicers and my track bar, tie rod ends, drag link ends, and upper & lower control arms all seem nice and tight, My geometry looks good and I don't see anything else that's loose or unsavory, so I'm hoping it's just the steering box (perhaps, coupled with a wonky tire). I'll be picking up the mounted and balanced Mickey Thompson 35" tires/wheels on Monday.

The good news is that the Jeep does not wander as much as it did before (until I go above about 45, then the wobble of death appears) and I do now have my 4.88 gears to support said 35" tires.👍

So here's hoping for being functional this coming weekend.🤞
Man that's frustrating. I hope you can find the cause.

Did you check this steering box video out to see if it could help?

Man that's frustrating. I hope you can find the cause.

Did you check this steering box video out to see if it could help?

Thanks, yes, I have adjusted the box (which, because it's a Mercedes, adjusts backwards) but you can only go so far. I adjusted it on the bench and tested it to be within spec for over-the-center drag, blah, blah, blah. Basically, my box needs to have the gears re-machined to work like it should...so that's why I went with a rebuilt one now rather than trying to over-adjust the one I have and end up grenading it and having to cough up another $130 for a core.

Thanks, yes, I have adjusted the box (which, because it's a Mercedes, adjusts backwards) but you can only go so far. I adjusted it on the bench and tested it to be within spec for over-the-center drag, blah, blah, blah. Basically, my box needs to have the gears re-machined to work like it should...so that's why I went with a rebuilt one now rather than trying to over-adjust the one I have and end up grenading it and having to cough up another $130 for a core.
Fingers crossed, would like to see some 35s action 🤞🤟

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
Still interested. Just got my replacement gearbox this evening...maybe. Deal is, it does not look exactly like the OE unit so it may or may not fit. I'll know more in the morning when I try to mount it up. If it fits and it cures my death wobble, I'm all in for Sunday at HF.

Reactions: Bob in Texas