The grass is greener, get the F out of your home state thread

Find a place that suits your wants, pack your shit, move, figure out the rest when you get there. If you think your life will be remotely the same there, your wrong. Stop worrying about the political bull shit and carrying that chip on your shoulder about it, you’ll never find rest in a new place if you do. Simply enjoy what attracted you to move there in the first place. No place is perfect, there will be bumps, but if you analyze every aspect, your no better off leaving where your at. I’ve seen so many people put so much effort in trying to make a new place perfect, that they made themselves miserable and go back to where they started. Move with the anticipation of starting a new life, a change of scenery, a breath of fresh air, but also accept that there will be new challenges. Dont move if you intend your life to be the exact same somewhere else

Find a place that suits your wants, pack your shit, move, figure out the rest when you get there. If you think your life will be remotely the same there, your wrong. Stop worrying about the political bull shit and carrying that chip on your shoulder about it, you’ll never find rest in a new place if you do. Simply enjoy what attracted you to move there in the first place. No place is perfect, there will be bumps, but if you analyze every aspect, your no better off leaving where your at. I’ve seen so many people put so much effort in trying to make a new place perfect, that they made themselves miserable and go back to where they started. Move with the anticipation of starting a new life, a change of scenery, a breath of fresh air, but also accept that there will be new challenges. Dont move if you intend your life to be the exact same somewhere else
Thanks man, hope it will be sooner than later. And I'm hoping everyone will be accepting of me where I move. Some people make assumptions at an accent lol

Reactions: Thatguy
Thanks man, hope it will be sooner than later. And I'm hoping everyone will be accepting of me where I move. Some people make assumptions at an accent lol
I moved from WI to CO because i fell in love with the area. Spending time searching for our new house solidified that we were making the right choice, town felt right, people were friendly and inviting. Thats all we really needed. Fortunately for my wife and i, we didnt have to rely on employment to make this move.

Can someone explain this? Also yet another reason I hate NY. I just got my homeowners insurance for my house here in NY and it is $2650 for the year! it is a 2200 sq' 1965 built colonial...nothing crazy. The bigger house I just built in PA is only $480/year...what am I missing?

Value of house really should not play in this as it is rebuilding cost not sale value. I understand labor cost is more in NY but not that much.

• Wow
Reactions: Rick Flair
Can someone explain this? Also yet another reason I hate NY. I just got my homeowners insurance for my house here in NY and it is $2650 for the year! it is a 2200 sq' 1965 built colonial...nothing crazy. The bigger house I just built in PA is only $480/year...what am I missing?

Value of house really should not play in this as it is rebuilding cost not sale value. I understand labor cost is more in NY but not that much.
Sounds like your in a flood zone.

I would not call it a flood zone, but plenty of insurance companies have pulled out of the market...It is called Long Island with occasional hurricanes? How much more is it to rebuild a house destroyed by flood vs a house destroyed by fire?
I'm out of Long Branch NJ so familiar with coastal ins. Unfortunately floods can be an annual thing (shitty odds) unlike fires that may or may not happen (better odds) Are you in a flood plain area.

I'm out of Long Branch NJ so familiar with coastal ins. Unfortunately floods can be an annual thing (shitty odds) unlike fires that may or may not happen (better odds) Are you in a flood plain area.
I don't think I am, being several miles from the nearest shore but of course, the insurance companies have "models" that a Cat 5 will bury at least 3/4 of Long Island.

Reactions: TJ4Jim

My grandfather lives in rural NY South of Buffalo. His taxes each year is more than his mortgage when he was paying the house off. In my eyes...this is UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is living off retirement and shouldn't have to trade retirement luxuries for a roof over his head.

If you or a relative served you can check out usaa. I live in Ronkonkoma and pay about 15 percent less then you relatively speaking.

Really zeroing in on Wyoming. Closest to a true Constitutional carry State as I can find in the area. (MT is sort of a fake Const. Carry State and the housing market is really getting out of hand there)

I've had some very promising second interviews in Southern WY. Very exciting times.
Open carry in WA state. Really.

Open carry in WA state. Really.
Yeah...but it's Washington. Really.... As stated earlier in this thread, I really tried hard to get gainful employment in OR back in the early 2000s and I'm glad, now, that I failed. I thought a lot of cities I looked at were too close to Portland. No avoiding Seattle up there. Anywhere is too close to that chithole. No offense.

Yeah...but it's Washington. Really.... As stated earlier in this thread, I really tried hard to get gainful employment in OR back in the early 2000s and I'm glad, now, that I failed. I thought a lot of cities I looked at were too close to Portland. No avoiding Seattle up there. Anywhere is too close to that chithole. No offense.

Missouri has constitutional carry. And they are pushing through anti-fed 2nd amendment law. Making it the most free state in the union!

But Wyoming is great. Except for the weather. I hate wind. And extreme cold. So it’s not for me. But it’s a great choice!

Missouri has constitutional carry. And they are pushing through anti-fed 2nd amendment law. Making it the most free state in the union!

But Wyoming is great. Except for the weather. I hate wind. And extreme cold. So it’s not for me. But it’s a great choice!
I worked offshore for many years. Wind and cold don't bother me much. My people (Norwegian) are acclimated to the cold anyway. Easy to say since I've lived in Southern California my whole life. But where I'm at I can go to the snow and the beach in the same day during the winter at times.

I worked offshore for many years. Wind and cold don't bother me much. My people (Norwegian) are acclimated to the cold anyway. Easy to say since I've lived in Southern California my whole life. But where I'm at I can go to the snow and the beach in the same day during the winter at times.
The wonders of California.

Reactions: Rick Flair and ejay
Really zeroing in on Wyoming. Closest to a true Constitutional carry State as I can find in the area. (MT is sort of a fake Const. Carry State and the housing market is really getting out of hand there)

I've had some very promising second interviews in Southern WY. Very exciting times.

Utah just passed constitutional carry this week.