Things that annoy you?

One of my gripes is when someone bad mouths a product or tool that they have never used, for instance a High Lift Jack. Before I could afford a winch ( back in the 70s) a High Lift jack was all we had to get us out of some predicaments we got ourselves in to and when properly used they are very effective. The millennials today think they look cool strapped across the hood or on the rear bumper. There were several people on this forum that bad mouthed them that probably had never used or know how to use one. JMHO.

I miss VCR's. I still write checks to piss off the millennials. I can still write a check faster than they can figure out if they need to swipe or use the chip card feature. Ha!
I have a VCR player out in the shed. I don't think VCR tapes have made a comeback like vinyl records & cassette tapes, though.

One of my gripes is when someone bad mouths a product or tool that they have never used, for instance a High Lift Jack. Before I could afford a winch ( back in the 70s) a High Lift jack was all we had to get us out of some predicaments we got ourselves in to and when properly used they are very effective. The millennials today think they look cool strapped across the hood or on the rear bumper. There were several people on this forum that bad mouthed them that probably had never used or know how to use one. JMHO.
I'm pretty sure they've been 'bad-mouthed' by plenty of people who have used them also.

I miss VCR's. I still write checks to piss off the millennials. I can still write a check faster than they can figure out if they need to swipe or use the chip card feature. Ha!
Does it annoy you when they convert your just written check to an electronic debit, and hand you back your check?

I bad mouth them for the same reasons I give folks shit about a lot of things that they recommend without the rest of the story. Sure, you can use a farm jack for a lot of very productive things. Without some sort of education in the myriad of ways one of them can at a minimum hurt yourself or maximum, just fully eliminate you from the gene pool, it is a poorly thought out recommendation. They are dangerous, finicky, unstable, and about the last thing anyone who is inexperienced should be messing with.

Reactions: StG58 and Chris
Some people would Bitch in a pie factory :argue:
Likely some truth there especially when it comes to reviews. I see them quite often, someone left a 4 star instead of 5 because they didn't like the color of the box the item arrived in. Saw one just last night, guy ordered the wrong size gecko gauge and left a 4 star review because he had to return them and get the right ones.

Reactions: Squatch and Chris
I bad mouth them for the same reasons I give folks shit about a lot of things that they recommend without the rest of the story. Sure, you can use a farm jack for a lot of very productive things. Without some sort of education in the myriad of ways one of them can at a minimum hurt yourself or maximum, just fully eliminate you from the gene pool, it is a poorly thought out recommendation. They are dangerous, finicky, unstable, and about the last thing anyone who is inexperienced should be messing with.
I️ think the key word here is inexperienced and knowing there limitations, again JMHO.

Likely some truth there especially when it comes to reviews. I see them quite often, someone left a 4 star instead of 5 because they didn't like the color of the box the item arrived in. Saw one just last night, guy ordered the wrong size gecko gauge and left a 4 star review because he had to return them and get the right ones.

Or the other side of the review coin when someone starts the review out with "Well I have not had a chance to use it yet...." How can you possible leave a review if you have not use the item yet!!!

I️ think the key word here is inexperienced and knowing there limitations, again JMHO.
Yes, but it is up to the experienced to help them understand that and not give a blanket recommendation about the virtues of something without making it clear that it is not something that the inexperienced should mess with until they get some education, that is unless you just like to get folks hurt.

Or the other side of the review coin when someone starts the review out with "Well I have not had a chance to use it yet...." How can you possible leave a review if you have not use the item yet!!!
Probably has to do with the incessant desire to just say something that the rest of the world can read. Got a local guy bitching about a body shop because they haven't shown up at his home to give him an estimate for paint and body work.

Yes, but it is up to the experienced to help them understand that and not give a blanket recommendation about the virtues of something without making it clear that it is not something that the inexperienced should mess with until they get some education, that is unless you just like to get folks hurt.
That statement covers a lot of equipment used in the off-roading community IE winching techniques, safety harness mounting the list goes on and on! I️ l have been off-roading over 45 years and have seen some simple stuff go bad quickly because of inexperienced people getting in over there head and not listening to experienced people’s advise , you know it’s gonna get bad when they say hold this and watch.

Reactions: Chris
People who show up to work sick and contagious. For pete's sake folks, nobody wants your disease! You seriously don't need to share that. You're sick and worthless anyway. Stay home. Get better. THEN COME BACK TO WORK. There's a perfectly good reason for the company to give you paid time off for being sick. (Just happened to me, so I'm particularly pissed about this right now.)

People who show up to work sick and contagious. For pete's sake folks, nobody wants your disease! You seriously don't need to share that. You're sick and worthless anyway. Stay home. Get better. THEN COME BACK TO WORK. There's a perfectly good reason for the company to give you paid time off for being sick. (Just happened to me, so I'm particularly pissed about this right now.)
Awww that's sucks big time...I hate that too...get well soon then buddy.

Reactions: StG58
Thanks @Kiwi TJ, I'll just be grumpy for a few days and have plenty of time to be all ignorant and offensive here on the forum.

This happens a lot here too. Boneheads take sick leave when they are really sick, they run out of time off, then when they do get sick, they come in to infect us all! Rat bastards!!!

Reactions: Chris and StG58
This happens a lot here too. Boneheads take sick leave when they are really sick, they run out of time off, then when they do get sick, they come in to infect us all! Rat bastards!!!

Which leads me too...People who use their sick time as vacation or expect to be paid for not using them...It is no wonder some companies are going to "comp time bank" which means you X# of Vacations days + # personal days and a couple sick days use them at your discretion but if you run out...your off on your own dime.

Last edited: