Third brake light options

In a year and a half or so I am being dragged there kicking and screaming. My son is there with his family snd two brand-new babies. So is heat, humidity, mosquitoes, and alligators. What is not there? Mountains, deserts, and rock crawling. 😭

I left San Diego in early 2019 and moved to Jacksonville, FL to live near my brother which allows me to visit my son and the kids. You will get used to the heat and humidity, the bugs and alligators are another story. Getting to see the kids regularly is great. The remainder of the time I live in the Philippines where it's REALLY hot and humid, but you get used to their weather too.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I mounted an LED in the center cap on my spare. If you can find one that is "DOT" certified maybe?

In VA the third brake light must have DOT approved stamp on it to pass inspection. I have one in the center like TheBoogieman has in #6 above and a ring of fire. Failed inspection because the ring of fire in not DOT approved. I had to remove (cove) the ring of fire to pass.
That's not true. You must be going to the wrong inspection station. I've never had a brake light stamped DOT. My newly tinted windows passed too and I don't have a doctor's note or DMV approval stamped on my license.
Rubi tinted.jpg

The state police inspector was in the shop that day they failed it for the ring of fire even with the one in the middle with the DOT stamp. It is the law here in VA only DOT approved lights. I had also forgot to put the covers on the KC lights in the front on the bumper. So it all depends on the inspector following the law or let things slide.

The state police inspector was in the shop that day they failed it for the ring of fire even with the one in the middle with the DOT stamp. It is the law here in VA only DOT approved lights. I had also forgot to put the covers on the KC lights in the front on the bumper. So it all depends on the inspector following the law or let things slide.
I'm glad I don't go to your inspection station. My Jeep just passed last Wednesday. I have never failed an inspection, even with windshield decals. They don't measure bumper height either.

Jeepers Creepers (2).jpg

Love it! I will need to get a new license plate when I get moved to Florida, I am thinking of stealing your LOST COZ idea. They'd never understand my current CRWLRJP plate in Florida LOL.
Moving to Florida? Wow! Where in Florida? I am in White City.

My Custom License Plate is KX4WQ !

There are no rocks here and the mudholes are pretty deep.

No state inspections.

In a year and a half or so I am being dragged there kicking and screaming. My son is there with his family snd two brand-new babies. So is heat, humidity, mosquitoes, and alligators. What is not there? Mountains, deserts, and rock crawling. 😭
When I travelled up north and people saw my address, I told all teh young attractive women they should move to Florida it's great. I told all the dudes they didn't want to live here. Its hot, humid, twin engine bugs, alligators, traffic.

I was working to improve the ratio a little at a time.

If you live along the coasts the weather is tempered my that big heat sink the Ocean. Probably would like to stay away from Miami to WPB area, Tampa Area, All of the stuff in the middle like Ocala, Gainesville Winterhaven, Lakeland and such. Much hotter inland and no beaches.

Here it's always 80.

Then again there is the Hurricane thing lol.

Full disclosure - I have lived in South Florida 32 years. Originally from North Dakota.

I left San Diego in early 2019 and moved to Jacksonville, FL to live near my brother which allows me to visit my son and the kids. You will get used to the heat and humidity, the bugs and alligators are another story. Getting to see the kids regularly is great. The remainder of the time I live in the Philippines where it's REALLY hot and humid, but you get used to their weather too.
Jacksonville is technically in South Georgia. The Panhandle is Called LA. Lower Alabama.

JK

If I had my druthers, I'd live in the middle of the state the Hell away from the beaches. But @Hokahay is correct, the Atlantic breeze cools things off a bit.

When I travelled up north and people saw my address, I told all teh young attractive women they should move to Florida it's great. I told all the dudes they didn't want to live here. Its hot, humid, twin engine bugs, alligators, traffic.

I was working to improve the ratio a little at a time.

If you live along the coasts the weather is tempered my that big heat sink the Ocean. Probably would like to stay away from Miami to WPB area, Tampa Area, All of the stuff in the middle like Ocala, Gainesville Winterhaven, Lakeland and such. Much hotter inland and no beaches.

Here it's always 80.
Great feedback, thank you and loved your two different versions of your advice depending on if it was for a male or female. :ROFLMAO: We're going to be in or very close to Jacksonville and hoping to be on or near one of the waterways. But from my son's in-laws who live on one of the big waterways cruise ships are seen on, it still sucks to be outside in the summertime lol. I'm told I'll get used to the heat/humidity but I know better. I lived in Mississippi for a year going to a USAF school and then in Vietnam for another year and the humidity was just as sucky the day I left as when I arrived lol.

Reactions: CharlesHS
Jacksonville is technically in South Georgia. The Panhandle is Called LA. Lower Alabama.

JK

My brother has lived in Florida while he was in the military and since he retired from the USN. In total he has lived in Florida more than 35 years. I will need to talk to him about South Georgia and Lower Alabama.

Great feedback, thank you and loved your two different versions of your advice depending on if it was for a male or female. :ROFLMAO: We're going to be in or very close to Jacksonville and hoping to be on or near one of the waterways. But from my son's in-laws who live on one of the big waterways cruise ships are seen on, it still sucks to be outside in the summertime lol. I'm told I'll get used to the heat/humidity but I know better. I lived in Mississippi for a year going to a USAF school and then in Vietnam for another year and the humidity was just as sucky the day I left as when I arrived lol.

Adjusting to the climate living in Jacks will take time... but you can do it. IF I can acclimate to living in the Philippines with their heat and humidity (originally from New York) then anyone can.... When I returned from the PI and landed in SD Airport the beginning of November; I actually felt cold when temperatures were in the high 40s, but I acclimated again after living in the states a couple months.