Third brake light options

Your best bet might be a used stock style one from ebay or something. MA inspections are pretty strict, I have several friends and family who live in MA and their cars have failed for pretty ridiculous reasons.

That’s funny, when you get there you’ll need to trade your under seat fire extinguisher for the same size mosquito spray.

Unfortunately I have to Kinda disagree, fools on phones cause the majority of rear ends now, and They wouldn’t see a 6 foot Neon Stop sign over the spare....but I like as many Back there as possible, just feel like it’s become worthless.
I’ve thought about this too, and after seeing modern cars with third brake lights that flash a few times when you press the brake, I’ve noticed that it does a much better job at grabbing a following driver’s attention. I just wish I were electrically inclined enough to figure out how to rig one onto a TJ.

I’ve thought about this too, and after seeing modern cars with third brake lights that flash a few times when you press the brake, I’ve noticed that it does a much better job at grabbing a following driver’s attention. I just wish I were electrically inclined enough to figure out how to rig one onto a TJ.
There's an inexpensive "lump" that you wire in series with the light - easy-peasy.

Reactions: Tob
There's an inexpensive "lump" that you wire in series with the light - easy-peasy.
I need to stop replying before reading through the whole thread! 😅 I saw mountaineer tom’s thread links right after I posted that. Saved for later