Time capsule CJs

Man look at these classic Jeeps and the condition they are in! I love the flat metal dash and the simplistic interior. As I get older, the more I appreciate simplicity in life in general. Really would like to get an old CJ someday and restore it over time.

I saw that you posted a reaction to my tale of buying a Jeep from Collins Bros. in Wylie. That place is amazing. You want to buy everything they have. You need to be Jay Leno, though, they are pricey. I prefer to look at them...CJs look better than they drive.

Reactions: psrivats
I saw that you posted a reaction to my tale of buying a Jeep from Collins Bros. in Wylie. That place is amazing. You want to buy everything they have. You need to be Jay Leno, though, they are pricey. I prefer to look at them...CJs look better than they drive.

I just searched for Collins Bros on the forum and your post came up. Great story. I can only imagine how their collection would be. I've never driven a CJ, only seen old ones in not-so-great condition so I'll take your word for how they drive in stock config. But I love the interior and exterior looks of them much more than TJs. Someday I'll get one to restore.

The more I look at CJs the more I want one. I love my wrangler. Its become nearly my daily driver (oddly enough a gas saver compared to my truck) But the simplicity of a CJ is amazing. Just such a cool ride.

Reactions: 02GreenTJ
At Lake Guntersville on the 4th I saw an absolutely pristine CJ -7 Laredo , it absolutely stunned me ... red in silver trim . I traded in an 83 cj7 with 13,000 miles in about 1990. You talk about sick later ...young and dumb. . It’s a lot of why I have my TJ now. Felt I owed myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: lindsey97 and Chris