Time-off movies and TV show recommendations

Reactions: CybrSlydr
The first season was amazing.

The second season is a fucking joke (IMHO).
I've only seen the first episode and an half of the second season, what didn't you like about it?

I've only seen the first episode and an half of the second season, what didn't you like about it?

For one, Joel Kinnaman was a far better actor.

For two, the amount of violence, nudity, and just "over the top" stuff was what made the first season so great. The second season gets rid of almost all of that and turns it into much more toned down and almost PC version of the show.

I personally loved the first season. The second season had me in disbelief.

After watching the second season, I would say I feel 90% confident they won't make a third season.

1973 Charlton Heston released a movie about the future set in 2022 and socio impact of a food shortage. If the present is the signs for our future and path will lead us to "Soylent Green". Here is a movie if you survive a Pandemic!

Reactions: Squatch
"Soylent Green" is a good one. Great triple feature with "The Omega Man" and "Planet of the Apes."
Along those same lines the 1980s film "Night of the Comet" is worth watching too. All good post apocalyptic b-movie fun.

Reactions: Kaptainkid1
The Marvelous Mrs Maisel is fantastic
Ozark is very good
Hunters was really good
Stranger Things was a pleasant surprise
Peaky Blinders is one of the best
You is very good, and creepy
Dead to Me is a good one

All these are either Netflix or Amazon Prime

Reactions: fourpointzero
Do you like that twilight zone shit? Is the general madness, quirky and out of this world plot twist your taste in TV shows. I loved the British acting, ascent and sensibility. Truly recommend Black Mirror on Netflix. Season 1-3 master piece 4 good and 5 what happened.

Love British Comedy? This show isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I found myself shitting in my pants watching this show. Unfortunately you have to watch 2 season first before you start to LOL! Check out Little Britain!

Last edited:
Band of Brothers

You’re welcome.

Spears: Do you know why you hid in that ditch Blythe?

Blythe: I was scared

Spears: We're all scared. You hid in that ditch because you think there's still hope. But Blythe, the only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a soldier's supposed to function.

We're not talking about full-on war here, but I can't help but think of this scene at work sometimes.

I subscribed to YouTube TV with an unlimited DVR. I've gone through what's available a few times, tons of movies, current & old TV series. I flagged the old Six Million Dollar Man....lol, my favorite as a kid. When there's an unlimited DVR, why not. Watched Dead Pool 2 the other night.
Also have seen a few old baseball and football games. Pretty entertaining to see games as an adult that I remember watching with my dad as a kid. Super bowl VI with the cowboys and dolphins or the highest scoring baseball game ever...

We watched Warrier (from 2011, Drama/sport film) the other night. Tom Hardy and Joel Edgerton were the main characters. We both really enjoyed it

Reactions: BugoutJeep