Tire questions

Bwanamakuba

Hi Guys, I have been reading the forums on wheel vibrations at 50 mph and the main cause being tyre balance. I've tried balancing the tyres with a local french garage and can't seem to cure the problem. The french guys insist that the tyres are "Merde" english translation... not so good. So I thought I would get the opinions of the great and good.

Here's what I would like to achieve. I mainly do normal road driving with a bit of dirt track but no serious off roading. She who must be obeyed also drives the Jeep but only on road. So road manners is very important.

The current set up is as follows:
Tyres are Kumho road venture MT 31*10.5 50 R 15 LT on American racing 15inch wheels I think.
I also think it is a 2inch lift but not certain. I'm not sure how to measure this. I have attached some photos and hope you guys can see what the set up is currently.

Ideally i would like the tyres to be contained within the mudguards because at the moment the stick out a couple of inches. Any ideas as to what is the best solution for my requirements would be? Thanks.
IMG_0866.jpg
IMG_0885.jpg
IMG_0887.jpg
IMG_0890.jpg

Mud Terrain (M/T) tires aren't great for on-road driving. If you primarily do on-road driving with only occasionally off-road, you'll want a good All Terrain (A/T) tire such as the BFG KO2, or the Goodyear Duratrac. Both of those are excellent tires which will have great on-road manners, and perform very well off-road as well.

I don't know how new your tires are, but if they are older than 6 years, it's time for new tires, even if they still have tread on them. Tires that are that old (regardless of tread depth) have rubber that is old, brittle, and they can also develop flat spots on them as well which could make them impossible to balance.

Hi Chris, I recon the tires are pretty old. I will invest in some new ones. Is there a size you would recommend that will bring the tyres back in line with the fender flares or is there something else I need to be considering. Any ideas on how to measure what lift I have got on the car. Thanks