Tire size for all around driving

I'll agree that looks nice? That's 31x? On a stock lift? Also which tire? I'm sure you've said but I've been through too many threads to recall. Also, how much is your speedo off? Hers is currently off and 4mph with the 235s vs 30" it came factory with. Maybe there's an easy fix for that?
Technically a 31. Goodyear Wrangler MT/R LT245/75R16 (30.5"x9.6") that come on Rubicons, so the speedo was accurate.
p.s. You need the correct speedo gear to fix yours. $20-30 and 5 minutes of your time.

Reactions: grabeb
215 to 235/75R/15 or 29/9.5 is the right size proportionately with no lift, thats 2 sizes up from what you have.
Factory had a 30" option but 30" is not 30"
29s look the same as 31,s on a 2" lift without the lift except they have about an inch less diff clearance for off roading. Your TJ looks like it aint going rock climbing anytime soon :)
Keep it "Proportionate" looking! 29s or max 30,s is my opinion unless you want big tires and then a a lift. :)
I don't know. I'm on a lot of construction sites, and I can hit some mean piles of 5/8 minus gravel-Lol.
No rocks, just snow, dirt and looks. Thanks.

I personally really like the stock look, so went with 30 x 9.5s. I also think that 31's without a lift look a little too fat within the wheel well. When I was deciding between 30' and 31's, I went to some websites, like Cars.com and just checked out what I thought looked best. Even had to call a few dealers and ask, "What size tire is on that '03 Jeep"

20210211_165513.jpg

I personally really like the stock look, so went with 30 x 9.5s. I also think that 31's without a lift look a little too fat within the wheel well. When I was deciding between 30' and 31's, I went to some websites, like Cars.com and just checked out what I thought looked best. Even had to call a few dealers and ask, "What size tire is on that '03 Jeep"

View attachment 265047

Ditto. I have that same wheel and tire combo right now. Enjoying it so far.

Reactions: Fishtaco

View attachment 265047
Looks good to me.

Don't get me wrong. Stock size tires look and work great for street Jeeps and a lot of offroad stuff. When you need clearance and traction is when all the expensive crap comes in. I personally only drove my very first Jeep for a month before I decided that tiny street tires made it look like a "soccer mom's dream vehicle" (no room to fit the kids). I put a small 2" BB on it and MT tires and it changed the entire look of the Jeep. Offroad and in snow, it was a beast compared to all season radial tires. That's why it's YOUR JEEP. Do what you like to it. The Angry Bird grilles are flying off the shelves and Rough Country outsells most good suspension companies for a reason. That doesn't mean it's a good one. :unsure: 🤓 :cool:

Last edited:
Ditto. I have that same wheel and tire combo right now. Enjoying it so far.
You have a 2.5L. Your options are limited. ;)
p.s. I had a 4 cylinder Jeep ONCE. It was my first wrangler and last 4 cylinder. 18 Jeeps later, I stand by my decision.
p.p.s. I drive on the highway a lot.
Clint.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: SSTJ
Technically a 31. Goodyear Wrangler MT/R LT245/75R16 (30.5"x9.6") that come on Rubicons, so the speedo was accurate.
p.s. You need the correct speedo gear to fix yours. $20-30 and 5 minutes of your time.

That looks super easy! Thanks. I know some cars aren't that easy. If i go back with a close to 30" tire, i might be spot on again. Those handle well in all weather?

I'll agree that looks nice? That's 31x? On a stock lift? Also which tire? I'm sure you've said but I've been through too many threads to recall. Also, how much is your speedo off? Hers is currently off and 4mph with the 235s vs 30" it came factory with. Maybe there's an easy fix for that?
My speedo is spot on with the GPS on 235,s they must have change the speedo drive in the factory when the 30" option was chosen?

View attachment 265047
Proportion :)