TJ foot rest

Kenneth G Zinis

TJ Enthusiast
Got my D side foot rest for the TJ, came very quickly and seems well made , $15. shipped.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=253520506318

Reactions: Artemis and jazngab
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
This would be nice to have for an automatic. I'm so used to driving manuals.

I like that. Wonder if it would work on my 99? I haven't even looked at the side to see if there are any kind of mounting bolts or what not on it. Guess I will have to go check it out next time I drive it. :D

Reactions: Kenneth G Zinis
that looks like the 2007-and-up dead pedals
Thats what it looks like to me as well. Does it fit a TJ? Looks much nicer than the Ford Mustang pedal that I have yet to install. I would rather have this one.

The dead pedal was $10 I think and an extra $0.56 in fasteners. I use it a lot. Even with my bulky safety boots

Reactions: KCsTJ
The dead pedal was $10 I think and an extra $0.56 in fasteners. I use it a lot. Even with my bulky safety boots

I paid about that as well. It makes a big difference in driving comfort. @jjvw graciously shared a lot of photos. It nearly looks OEM which makes it all that much better.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Those are really a nice setup. I picked up a old set of these dead peddles and having them are great off roading but to be effective they need to use the floor for support. Which makes cleaning the floor mats a pain.

DP9706PS.jpg

You should do the @jjvw and @tworley mod with a 90s mustang dead pedal. It looks factory. I got one installed in my Jeep and it's great.

View attachment 76195

Thanks for the GREAT idea!

I just picked one of these up from the junkyard. It came from a 1989 Mustang and I also grabbed the bolts.

So is there anything special that I need to do to put this in my 1998 TJ? Is it as simple as drilling two holes and screwing the bolts in? Is the sheetmetal strong enough to hold it?

Figure out where your foot wants to be. Many factory pedals are positioned about midpoint between the gas and the brake. Others like it at about equal to the gas pedal. That's where I find it most comfy. That way both legs are in the same position.