TJ Scale Model

Got some wheels and tires swapped around on one of the Maisto Speed Wheels TJ. It's a little bigger scale than the smallish Greenlight, so slightly less options out there that would look right on it. Found some on a Hot Wheels Bronco.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Ok, so the weather around here sucks. So, can't do much with the rear axle and brakes and still waiting on the relays to show up to totally blitz the blower motor and wiring and switches in Geep4me. So, was able to spend some quality time in the hobby room.

Took the Dremel to the square headlights, some red touchup paint to cover/remove the turn signals on the grill. Scratch built a (rather large) high mount stop light, bracket and tire mount. "Install" (paint) new front turn signals and side markers. The frame for the triangle "vent" window in the YJ door, was painted black. (visible in first pic) It was easily scraped off and the molded-in line is not very visible (2nd pic).

Mmmmm.....now that's a spicy meatball!

So, the above mini-Geep4me went to work the other day and the work display came home for a re-fit.

Pre-lift with nasty black wheels:
20190205_120834.jpg

Installing the lift and 33s:
20190518_200830.jpg

And scratchbuilt a replica of the used bumper I bought off FB marketplace:
20190518_225336.jpg

20190518_230135.jpg

And painted (needs touching up):
20190519_113135.jpg

Also added the front flare extensions on the side of the body:
20190519_113810.jpg

Up next: side steps and front bumper!!!

So, the above mini-Geep4me went to work the other day and the work display came home for a re-fit.

Pre-lift with nasty black wheels:
View attachment 94635

Installing the lift and 33s:
View attachment 94636

And scratchbuilt a replica of the used bumper I bought off FB marketplace:
View attachment 94637

View attachment 94638

And painted (needs touching up):
View attachment 94639

Also added the front flare extensions on the side of the body:
View attachment 94640

Up next: side steps and front bumper!!!
Looks clean...what's the underside look like for rust ?? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: KimsJeep
It's not without its faults, but appears mostly solid. The lift kit does not look top-shelf. It initially leaned more to one side, like the left side came out of a 4" lift and the right came out of a 3" lift. It's now been "adjusted" to somewhere near the ballpark of being in spec.

• Haha
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Still working on the home version, but brought the work display Jeep home the other day and painted the top to match the hard top I bought back in February.

2020-04-11 15.09.26.jpg

Before I cut my LJ in half to turn it into a pickup, I made a model of it to see how the proportions would look. My goal was a modern version of the classic Willys pickup, so I compared the model to a model of a Willys. I was also planning both a hardtop and a soft top so I modeled both.

Models.jpg

Retro.jpg

The model turned out to look great, so I went ahead and cut the LJ in half.

SanibelCauseway2_zpsgqvx14r9.jpg

ModelandReal.jpg

Updated the home version by painting the top tan, doing some finish work on the headlights, painted on the front turn and marker lights, and added a roof rack off a vw bus. Had to chop/section the rack as it was too tall, and added the wind deflector on the front. Still need to make the front bumper and put the full size spare on.
20210726_222237.jpg

I picked up one of these...

View attachment 76549

Its a Revell Plastic Model...I used to do them buy the dozen when I was a kid. Figured I try my hand at another one. The kit looks pretty good...Some things I'll change....I mean, its a Wrangler, what fun is keeping it factory?!
What roll bar is that?
:)