TJ seat foam

You might try it with and without risers see which one you like. I'm 5'7" and there's plenty headroom to spare.

With the TrekTop NX on (full time, no hard top) I have a ton of headroom. More concerned about the clearance from thigh to bottom of steering wheel. And sitting too high to comfortably rest my elbow on the console arm rest pad.

With the TrekTop NX on (full time, no hard top) I have a ton of headroom. More concerned about the clearance from thigh to bottom of steering wheel. And sitting too high to comfortably rest my elbow on the console arm rest pad.

Well, those are certainly things to check out and somehow a matter of personal preference. As for me, although the clearance from thigh to steering wheel is less, it's not a problem to get in and out. Also, my elbow rests comfortably on center console. The real problem is that the center console armrest is so annoyingly short lengthwise to be comfortable 😤. But, that's another story.

Exactly right. I’m about 6’1”, and headroom isn’t a problem. But the armrest gets too low, the shifter gets too low; the steering wheel hits your knees (unless you tilt it way up). Plus you can no longer see traffic lights without acting like Ray Liota in Goodfellas searching for helicopters.

Exactly right. I’m about 6’1”, and headroom isn’t a problem. But the armrest gets too low, the shifter gets too low; the steering wheel hits your knees (unless you tilt it way up). Plus you can no longer see traffic lights without acting like Ray Liota in Goodfellas searching for helicopters.

I'm 6'5" and you described perfectly how my TJ is setup. Even with extra height of the new seat foam, I still have plenty of headroom.

In every vehicle I drive, I always end up 10' short of the white line at stoplights so I can see the light.

I'm 6'5" and you described perfectly how my TJ is setup. Even with extra height of the new seat foam, I still have plenty of headroom.

In every vehicle I drive, I always end up 10' short of the white line at stoplights so I can see the light.

I never noticed or thought about how annoying it was to do this until I got my first convertible lol.

Intersections without lower corner lights suck.

I'm actually more comfortable with seat risers and new seat foam since my knees aren't as bent with the pedals. I feel safer too as my pedal reaction time is less.

Lower corner what?!?!?
These lights, so you don't have to hunch down to see the upper ones

1717805353155.png

Reactions: LJDC and 97JadeTJ
There is a line that dictates the correct place to stop tho
In that picture it sure looks like the vehicle is well past said line. And here in NY, though we have the same lines, 99% of the driving population stop far beyond it... if they stop at all.

I am a rule follower, so I stop much farther back. If someone slams into me from behind (ask me why that is a concern) I have less of a chance of being pushed into the intersection.

Reactions: lBasket
In that picture it sure looks like the vehicle is well past said line. And here in NY, though we have the same lines, 99% of the driving population stop far beyond it... if they stop at all.
Really that was just street view of an intersection by my house that I go to often and look at the side lights lol
I am a rule follower, so I stop much farther back. If someone slams into me from behind (ask me why that is a concern) I have less of a chance of being pushed into the intersection.
I do park a lil back when I'm turning left cos everyone cuts the corner nowadays... I don't really when going straight though. Although I would hope people where I live are a little calmer than NY

not only is it hard for me to see the traffic lights being 6'2". but I can't see the brake lights on the car in front of me even with 1.25in. seat risers !

Really that was just street view of an intersection by my house that I go to often and look at the side lights lol

I do park a lil back when I'm turning left cos everyone cuts the corner nowadays... I don't really when going straight though. Although I would hope people where I live are a little calmer than NY
People here are always in a rush. Not sure why, but I'll be doing 60mph in a 55 zone and people will blow by doing 80, bobbing and weaving like other drivers are slalom cones. Blowing through red lights, making right turns when signs indicate No Right on Red, fly up behind you on the a three lane highway when you're in the left lane, with two lanes open and sit on your bumper. The list doesn't end. I think I must have missed the memo that instructed everyone else to brake as many traffic laws as possible each time they get in the car. Humor aside, I have a 21 year old daughter who is still a bit nervous driving by herself and my anxiety level skyrockets when she is driving.. and it has nothing to do with how SHE drives...

• Sad
People here are always in a rush. Not sure why, but I'll be doing 60mph in a 55 zone and people will blow by doing 80, bobbing and weaving like other drivers are slalom cones. Blowing through red lights, making right turns when signs indicate No Right on Red, fly up behind you on the a three lane highway when you're in the left lane, with two lanes open and sit on your bumper. The list doesn't end. I think I must have missed the memo that instructed everyone else to brake as many traffic laws as possible each time they get in the car. Humor aside, I have a 21 year old daughter who is still a bit nervous driving by herself and my anxiety level skyrockets when she is driving.. and it has nothing to do with how SHE drives...

I feel your pain. Driving on New Jersey roads is the same. I have two 18yo kids and always worry when they go out.

I installed my replacement foam today. What a difference compared to the stock foam. It is quite a bit firmer.
I don't see them breaking in at all. It's a denser material.
Definitely pleased with the results.
My only complaint was the crappy hog rings that came with the cushions.

Last edited: