TJ seat foam

Summit Racing has made the lower seat foams for our TJ Jeeps. 97-02 and 03-06 LH and RH along with a high quality seat bushing kit to replace the broken ones.

Thank you so much for posting this. I ordered them right away, but they only went into the Jeep yesterday.

What a difference! I’m riding an inch or two taller. I also got new seat covers, so everything is a million times better. But these new seat cushions are the start.

Was the seat this firm when I bought it 19 years ago? I don’t remember.

I have the cushion sitting in the box in my parts shed. Haven't had a chance to get it installed. I have seat risers which I've always said are a top three comfort mod. Wondering if I will be sitting too high after the cushion goes in. I also have an underseat concealed carry lockable draw that I only assume will still fit if I have to remove the seat risers.

Reactions: tr21triton
I'm like you Mike, my brother and I both ordered them and their in the garage still. trying to get a round tuit and put them in....

I stand by one of my earlier comments, a top 3 under $200 mod, especially when it can be done in 90min for both sides + seat bushings.

Reactions: tr21triton
I'm like you Mike, my brother and I both ordered them and their in the garage still. trying to get a round tuit and put them in....
Have at it...
s-l1600.jpg

I stand by one of my earlier comments, a top 3 under $200 mod, especially when it can be done in 90min for both sides + seat bushings.
Seat risers, seat warmers, mirror flip (freebie.. although I switched to the Double DIN mirror w/ temp & compass), B&M short shifter.. Maybe the seat cushion?

Reactions: red02tj
Installed mine on the drivers seat. Instantly noticed I sit a couple inches higher, which took some getting used to, but they feel great and my lower back discomfort has gone away. One thing to note, my seat covers were difficult to get back on and very tight. Required a second set of hands to pull the fabric so I could "clip" the edges in. Not sure if it was just a unique situation for me, but just a heads up for anyone else doing this in the future.

Reactions: Rut Row
I have the cushion sitting in the box in my parts shed. Haven't had a chance to get it installed. I have seat risers which I've always said are a top three comfort mod. Wondering if I will be sitting too high after the cushion goes in. I also have an underseat concealed carry lockable draw that I only assume will still fit if I have to remove the seat risers.

I guess it depends on how tall you are. I assume if you have seat risers you're not real tall. I have 1.5" risers and I installed the new seat foams a few months ago. I'm 5' 7" and I love the combination of the two. I like to sit tall in all my cars. I'm probably sitting about 2-3" higher altogether.

I’m just under 6’1”, and with the new foam I needed to remove the 0.5” risers I had installed.

I guess it depends on how tall you are. I assume if you have seat risers you're not real tall. I have 1.5" risers and I installed the new seat foams a few months ago. I'm 5' 7" and I love the combination of the two. I like to sit tall in all my cars. I'm probably sitting about 2-3" higher altogether.
5'11"

Just hated that I couldn't see the front edge of the hood.

Reactions: nitrofalcon
Installed mine on the drivers seat. Instantly noticed I sit a couple inches higher, which took some getting used to, but they feel great and my lower back discomfort has gone away. One thing to note, my seat covers were difficult to get back on and very tight. Required a second set of hands to pull the fabric so I could "clip" the edges in. Not sure if it was just a unique situation for me, but just a heads up for anyone else doing this in the future.

This was true for me also. Since others have done this solo, I assume I could have if necessary, but I had a second set of hands available (my wife's) and found them very helpful in stretching the seat covers to clip the edges.

5'11"

Just hated that I couldn't see the front edge of the hood.

Exactly the way I've always felt. My wife for some reason likes to sit low in her car. I always raise my seat as high as it'll go and even use a good quality seat cushion sometimes. In th jeep the combination of 1.5" seat risers and new seat foams did the trick.

Exactly the way I've always felt. My wife for some reason likes to sit low in her car. I always raise my seat as high as it'll go and even use a good quality seat cushion sometimes. In th jeep the combination of 1.5" seat risers and new seat foams did the trick.
Easy enough to test when reinstalling the seat.