TJ tailgate options

This one is really clean. Looks like the CJ panel was sectioned to make it narrower and grafted into a TJ tailgate.

tailgateswingout.jpg

Does the aluminum drop down gates work with hard tops? My OEM tailgate was bamboozled by PO with angle iron because it broke. Need to replace it. I carry spare inside the the tub. I am digging the grafted OEM door look though.

Maybe @Garza will give you his opinion on drop down tailgates and why he eventually got rid of it ;)

As in nothing is cool about it but the way it looks 😁 In terms of having a functional tailgate, getting it out of the way when you need in the Jeep is most important lol. Take a fold down gate corner to the gut reaching for gear or having your buddy think they can sit or stand on it and it becomes quickly apparent why they aren't worth"converting" too.

As in nothing is cool about it but the way it looks 😁 In terms of having a functional tailgate, getting it out of the way when you need in the Jeep is most important lol. Take a fold down gate corner to the gut reaching for gear or having your buddy think they can sit or stand on it and it becomes quickly apparent why they aren't worth"converting" too.
Thank you for this insight. When I replaced the rear boxed section of my tub below the tailgate (rotted out) I opted for a version with integrated lower hinge mounts for a fold down tailgate just in case I wanted one. Now i'm thinking that's probably not a wise conversion.