TJ vs. a convertible car

AndyG

Because some other guys are perverts
Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone feel this way?

I love a Jeep. I really love a jeep with the top down. Street, back road , trail, any where. At the same time, I have no interest in a convertible car, at all.

any one else?

The only convertibles I have owned were, CJ's, TJ's and Broncos.

Never had a need for a car with a removable top.

Reactions: AndyG
I would still really like to have a 1969 Mustang convertible

R.jpg

Last edited:
I had a 2007 Mustang GT convertible that I sold just before moving to Arizona. I probably should have kept it but I'd much rather have my TJ.

0809151742.jpg

Last edited:
I was considering a convertible before I bought my LJ. I’m ok without a car version now.

Looking forward to more HP and bigger tires though.

Reactions: DrDmoney
I had a 71 fiat 128 spider for a year. Drove it for a week. That was fun.

Anyone feel this way?

I love a Jeep. I really love a jeep with the top down. Street, back road , trail, any where. At the same time, I have no interest in a convertible car, at all.

any one else?
Every time I see a nice convertible drive by (and I’ve had a nice one), I think, “Those poor dupes have no idea what they are missing.” They look like they’re burning up with no spiderweb shade, just uncomfortable, even though they often look pretty cool.

I've had a '59 Ford ragtop, as well as a '67 Dodge Coronet, a '67 Dart GT, a '67 Plymouth Fury, a '99 Chrysler Sebring, a '66 Rambler Classic, a '60 Pontiac Bonneville, a '73 Corvette, and a '61 Rambler American. Droptops are a blast, if you find the right one. ;)
You tried hard enough, did you find the right one?

My Jeep is my convertible vehicle. Lol
Last year I took the hard top off and folded up the soft top and it's still sitting in my garage with the top down. Every 3 or 4 months if the weather is nice I get the Jeep out and drive to the grocery store or somewhere stupid. My Jeep has become my sunny day top down vehicle, and I very much enjoy it.

I've restored several MGA's and a few MGB' and Midgets. I also owned a TR4 and Jag 140 but didn't restore either of them. To be honest, erecting a TJ/LJ soft top is a pain in the butt by comparison. I've been on many 2-3 week trips in an MGA and never put the top up. it's not always true but if you go fast enough you won't get wet. Also great to drive alone in the cold with the tonneau half up and heater on.

MGA 1959.jpg
img005.jpg