TJ water rescue

Artsifrtsi

I just wanna go wheeling...
Supporting Member
Be honest... Who in Florida was dumb enough to drive their TJ during Ian...

1664484325888.png

That’s not a field. It’s a saltwater marsh. Lots of canals throughout them. The boat looks be moored near a dock.

Not sure why the Jeep is there though.

Something like this.
2B23EFFE-BAF9-422C-B871-826DDA9FF130.jpeg

Last edited:
That’s not a field. It’s a saltwater marsh. Lots of canals throughout them. The boats looks be moored near a dock.

Not sure why the Jeep is there though.

Something like this.
View attachment 363195

If you look closely you'll see a sign that says 'no dumping'. So my guess is it was a roadway in between the marshes that happen to flood too quickly for dude to get out. Or was elsewhere and arrived too late to fetch his TJ.

Last edited:
If you look closely you'll see a sign that says 'no dumping'. So my guess is its was roadway in between the marshes that happen to flood too quickly for dude to get out. Or was elsewhere and arrived too late to fetch his TJ.

I wondered what it said. Couldn’t quite make it out.

It's not just the salt water you need to worry about in a hurricane storm surge.

All the sewer plants back up and all the lines dump raw sewage into the water.

Coffins float out of the ground...ever put a sewage tank in the ground? You promptly fill it with water before it floats out of your hole.

Gas and diesel fuel tanks leak.

That water is a miasma of chemicals, sewage, salt...it's an incredible mess...I've responded to two hurricanes and expecting a call from my boss any moment.

Oh and then you have downed power lines...and most are dead...but then jack asses hook up generators wrong and start back feeding the grid...

To all those in the path, good luck and let us know what we can do to help!

-Mac

Reactions: 2001slvrstntj
This is a tangent, but the above pics are what concern me with snorkels- giving 18 year old kids the idea they are on Sea Hunt and the TJ is a little U- Boat. People get killed routinely in vehicles and high water.

This is a tangent, but the above pics are what concern me with snorkels- giving 18 year old kids the idea they are on Sea Hunt and the TJ is a little U- Boat. People get killed routinely in vehicles and high water.

How often do you see TJ’s or any other gen of Wrangler with snorkels?