Tools needed specific to a TJ

Complete box end wrench set and ratcheting box ends. Some would say, that's not 'special'. But take a peek at the box end set you have... a lot of the 'complete' sets skip the 18mm and you'll need that particular item (along with almost all the others sizes) for suspension stuff. Consider their SAE counterparts as well...the Jeep started out metric (mostly) but a lot of the aftermarket kits use SAE so the Jeeps are usually Chex mix.

Reactions: Kathy
Complete box end wrench set and ratcheting box ends. Some would say, that's not 'special'. But take a peek at the box end set you have... a lot of the 'complete' sets skip the 18mm and you'll need that particular item (along with almost all the others sizes) for suspension stuff. Consider their SAE counterparts as well...the Jeep started out metric (mostly) but a lot of the aftermarket kits use SAE so the Jeeps are usually Chex mix.
Yes, you are correct with the 18 mm. Dave has complete sets but I’m hoping to get one with the 18 mm. Thank you!

I was just about to ask this same question when I found this thread. Mine is a tad different though, what are some common tools one should carry while on the trails?
I have more tools than you can shake a stick at and it would be easy just to throw a crap load in the Jeep, however I would like to keep it to a minimum to reduce weight and save space. So I'm looking for specific sizes to carry etc etc?

Laid up from back surgery so I won't be wheeling any time soon but I can at least get ready (and have something to do) while I recover :)