Track bar hitting Savvy gas tank skid

You don't have to cut them. See the depth of the slot? Wedge a chuck of 2x4 off of the cargo step and use a prybar on the end of it to move the mounting flange back to the limit of the slots.
I did something similar by raising the axle all the way up with a block of wood between the skid and the diff cover. Loosen the skid, let it squeeze and shift, and then tighten it back up.

Reactions: tworley
I did something similar by raising the axle all the way up with a block of wood between the skid and the diff cover. Loosen the skid, let it squeeze and shift, and then tighten it back up.
Some may not have their springs out when they notice the interference. But, I do it the same when the springs are out.

Reactions: jjvw
I think you might have flipped around the bar, I’m pretty sure the adjustable end (JJ in the mid+ tiers) should be on the axle, your picture of the bracket looks to be the fixed end. If you look at the bends in the bar the end on the frame side is a little shorter before it bends than the axle side. The earlier bend and the longer bend being toward the driver side might buy a little more space before the interference.

Reactions: never monday
I think you might have flipped around the bar, I’m pretty sure the adjustable end (JJ in the mid+ tiers) should be on the axle, your picture of the bracket looks to be the fixed end. If you look at the bends in the bar the end on the frame side is a little shorter before it bends than the axle side. The earlier bend and the longer bend being toward the driver side might buy a little more space before the interference.
I wouldn't be surprised, if there is a way to install something backwards I usually find it. I do have the bar mounted with the bend and the adjustable end on the frame side mount.

Reactions: rasband
That would be backwards :(
200.gif

The way their picture is on their site would throw me off, since the text would be upside down installing it right!

Got some more time to work on this today. Started by pulling the track bar and springs. I used the tip from @mrblaine and pushed the bracket on the skid all the way back with a pry bar and chunk o’ wood. Worked like a champ.

Then I flipped the track bar around so the adjustable end with the bend was mounted to the axle side and it was a non starter. Hit the crossmember just as bad and hit the exhaust well before full droop.

For grins I pulled up the FSM and it shows the factory track bar with the bent end on the frame side.

EEA0B975-3668-4EBD-9784-D459F6EC59C7.jpeg

I flipped it back and it’s sooo close to clearing, but I still need to move my axle forward a bit. I have new lowers coming today, they are on the truck now.

Last edited: