Transfer case shifter

What is this part called? I am looking for one and cannot find it anywhere. Does anyone know?

Looks like he is no longer selling them. I looked in eBay on he has none listed. I would follow the link in the first post of this thread and send him a message and see if he will be making any more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris
For the guys who are swapping out their original shifters ... don't throw out your old one. I made perfectly good use out of mine. :beer-toast1:

upload_2017-8-12_7-41-11.png

Installed this today. Pretty cool but not perfect.

View attachment 78748

The part that slides in is too long. I had to drill a new Rpin hole, and shorten the rod. Works perfect, just have to find a knob now.

View attachment 78749

I bought the same exact part; came in this week and its sitting on my counter - tomorrow's project.

Didn't necessarily want to hear that, but not a deal killer. How much did you have to trim?

Knob came in today. The rod should be here tomorrow. What thread adapters are you using? Took the knob to home depot and could not find a matching thread pitch in either SAE or metric. The threads on the knob are big but fine. Knob came with a thread adapter but not sure if it will work with rod yet, and it is plastic. Would prefer metal of course.

fullsizeoutput_d95.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_d96.jpeg
plastic.

Knob came in today. The rod should be here tomorrow. What thread adapters are you using? Took the knob to home depot and could not find a matching thread pitch in either SAE or metric. The threads on the knob are big but fine. Knob came with a thread adapter but not sure if it will work with rod yet, and it is plastic. Would prefer metal of course.

View attachment 89034View attachment 89035plastic.
Looks like the one I used, It was M16 thread. Have a look at my write up when I replaced mine.
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/transfer-case-shifter-handle-extension.12888/

Looks like the one I used, It was M16 thread. Have a look at my write up when I replaced mine.
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/transfer-case-shifter-handle-extension.12888/
Thanks for the help. Just got my shift handle and knob in. The knob came with plastic thread adapters that of course stripped upon installation. Went to home depot and the knob is probably M16 but it is not an M16-2.0 the knob threads are finer than the thread pitch at HD. Only went on about a half turn.

c2csFiLgTpSlp+kx8rvBrQ.jpg

Big Sarge was kind enough to provide me with a link to Pastorscott's thread. Basically Pastorscott cut the OE handle off and welded a bolt on in its place that gives the right thread size for a different handle to thread onto. That's now on my to do list.
That's what I ended up doing. I'm glad the angle is pretty good so I didn't have to adjust it. This is how mine looks installed. I might change my mind about the angle once I wheel, but happy for now.

20191007_160236.jpg

20191007_155848.jpg

@billiebob, I did the exact same thing. I got a replacement shift rod when the first one was too long, and the replacement was just the same. I trimmed the second one just like you did, drilled a new clip hole, perfect fit after that.
Where are you guys getting these new rods? Or are you doing the welding option?

View attachment 89034View attachment 89035plastic.
where did you order the knob from ?

Where are you guys getting these new rods? Or are you doing the welding option?
I got mine (2, actually) on Ebay. The link to Ebay from my install posts no longer works, though, and a search may still turn up another seller.

You can see pics and details on my install of the TC shifter handle and knob on page 5 of the thread in my signature below.

Reactions: gottifour