Trying to identify a bracket on 2001 TJ

Johnfromphilly

TJ Enthusiast
2001 TJ Sport

This “bracket” is on the driver side in front of the side view mirror. Can’t figure out what it is for. Doors off mirror? It’s only on driver’s side, not on passenger side.

Probably obvious to most of you but this is my first Jeep and I just got it Monday. Thanks for any help.

11C4F0AC-E579-40FF-93FB-CB18C7F23AAB.jpeg

Rugged Ridge and any number Chinese brands sell the same mount with mirrors. All of them will shake.

Reactions: Johnfromphilly
thanks. in that pic it had no lift. but the PO had just put 32"s on it and they rubbed the front fender flares. i was torn between trading tires and putting on factory size hankook dynapro mt's or adding a 2in. spring spacer lift, because i wanted to keep the ride as is. i have 3.07 gears and actually wish i would of just changed tires. i didn't need 32"s but they are brand new, i love the hankooks had them on my last tj and put my brother a set on his yj they wear real good for a true mud tire. here's a pic with the 2in lift

20210116_145754.jpg

thanks. in that pic it had no lift. but the PO had just put 32"s on it and they rubbed the front fender flares. i was torn between trading tires and putting on factory size hankook dynapro mt's or adding a 2in. spring spacer lift, because i wanted to keep the ride as is. i have 3.07 gears and actually wish i would of just changed tires. i didn't need 32"s but they are brand new, i love the hankooks had them on my last tj and put my brother a set on his yj they wear real good for a true mud tire. here's a pic with the 2in lift
Thanks for the info. I am keeping my current setup for now and don’t plan to lift but I like the look of a tire that is a bit more rugged than what I have now. They are basically new so I have some time to think. I appreciate it.