Turbo Kit Test TJ

Brilliant thread.

I don't suppose you know if the layout differences for a right hand drive mean your packaging is blown of the water? My guess is shipping and taxes would make this a tough call to import, but...

I have never actually seen a right hand drive Jeep up close. If I had to guess the steering shaft and brakes would probably be in the way.

A quick video of a power pull we made the other day. Pretty decent power considering the heat here. I was really surprised how much ignition timing it wanted. It must be a function of the inefficient cylinder head.

We went out today and did some testing on the kit. We ran through quite a bit of rocks and some mud. We were quite hard on it, but everything held up great. It is always shocking how well a mostly stock TJ will wheel.

20220824_122137.jpg

VideoCapture_20220824-213653.jpg

VideoCapture_20220824-213605.jpg

A little update for everyone interested. The kit is ready to go, however there is a bit of an issue. The intercooler core that we are using is on backorder currently with an ETA of November. Unfortunately this is one of the parts we source from a third party, and after looking a bit there is not a reasonable substitution. I could offer the kit without an intercooler right now if anyone is interested. Otherwise, the only option is to wait for the order to be filled in November.

A little update for everyone interested. The kit is ready to go, however there is a bit of an issue. The intercooler core that we are using is on backorder currently with an ETA of November. Unfortunately this is one of the parts we source from a third party, and after looking a bit there is not a reasonable substitution. I could offer the kit without an intercooler right now if anyone is interested. Otherwise, the only option is to wait for the order to be filled in November.

I'm interested in finding out more info on the kit and pricing.

do you have a list on this thread of the parts you used with pricing?

A quick video of a power pull we made the other day. Pretty decent power considering the heat here. I was really surprised how much ignition timing it wanted. It must be a function of the inefficient cylinder head.

Try it again with little street tires so we can hear the turbo!🤣

I gotta say, I swung by and test drive it for a buddy (that would. Up buying a V6 mustang 🤦‍♂️) It scoots, but it’s not violent power. It’s actually really good about just feeding in the power and not smacking you with it, just feels like it was factory as it could have been. Turbo was almost silent though 😢 - Blowoff is in the intake, which is great from a reliability standpoint, but I want Stu tu tu noises. Easy enough to re-plumb.

The fate of my tj is resting on this kit…

This kit is pushing me to want to check out/replace my lifters ahead of time (infamous tick when cold)….

Hi, I would like to know where we can purchase your kit ? And for how much. Thank you

Read this quote by him… he is working on it

Reactions: Wildman
I placed a call today checking on the intercooler availability. They assured me the shipment would be here around the 15th of November. If not I may have found an alternative, however slightly more expensive. I also finished up the IAT weld on fittings for us 05-06 people.

20221031_093226.jpg