Ugliest TJs you've seen?

Whats going on did somebody trigger a JK owner ?

Nope, just wanted to point out that I'll make fun of any Jeep, even if it's not a JK. The JKs just have it so unfairly because of all the former Hummer H2 owners who decided to buy a JKU.

paula-tracy-judy-the-chimp-jack-dane-in-the-jeep-daktari-season-1.jpg

images.jpeg

I bought the Sylvania ultra’s for my LJR for whoopin’ $30 total for both headlights. They’re way better than stock and have a 3 year warranty. Installation was a breeze and for the price k I couldn’t be happier. They’re no HID/xenon lights but they’re legit better than stock. If anyone is one is a tight budget like me and needs new headlights, there isn’t anything wrong with some Sylvanias. They even have replacement bulbs for our stock fog lights, I believe it was $30 a light (ouch) or maybe the pair.

Either way, I didn’t get the angel eyes like I wanted so I bought some nice sylvania for waaaaaay cheaper and I’m totally satisfied. Of course there are tons of better lights out there but what I got does the trick.

I believe the following link is what I bought:

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/.../headlight/h6024xv/4743343/2006/jeep/wrangler

Last edited:
Sorry, can you define 'entire assembly'? I'd like to try these out...

e57305eac74fdac536a8636e1a08891c.jpg

What I mean by “entire assembly” is that you can’t just reach behind and replace the bulb from inside the enclosure. The whole headlamp comes out. I’m 99% sure that pic I posted is what I ended up getting. If I remember right, it’s seven or eight screws that hold it in along with the trim piece.

It wasn’t hard but it would have been way easier if I had the right tool for the job. I used a ratchet when I should have used a screw driver. The ratchet just wouldn’t fit in a couple spots.

Clear as mud?

edit: for the price you can’t beat it. Sylvania has been in the business for years... The dealer had the stock shitty ones that we have lived with for years for something like over $130 per headlight! A minimum of $230 plus taxes for those shitty headlights!

The Sylvania’s have a one year warranty just like the shitty yellow looking stock lights.

I’m sure some headlight buff will talk trash about the Sylvanias but for the price and the huge difference in brightness sold it for me. As much as I’d like some fancy top end headlights, the Sylvanias are way affordable, plug and play, and they put out a nice clean bright light.

Looks like amazon has them on sale for $10 each!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C18Q44/?tag=wranglerorg-20

$20 for two brand new headlights that kick the shit out of the stock lights is a winner in my book. They make “higher end” Sylvanias but I’m pretty sure they’re more for the bling factor.

Also @glwood I need to double check which model I got. Apparently there are several.

Last edited:
View attachment 24285

What I mean by “entire assembly” is that you can’t just reach behind and replace the bulb from inside the enclosure. The whole headlamp comes out. I’m 99% sure that pic I posted is what I ended up getting. If I remember right, it’s seven or eight screws that hold it in along with the trim piece.

It wasn’t hard but it would have been way easier if I had the right tool for the job. I used a ratchet when I should have used a screw driver. The ratchet just wouldn’t fit in a couple spots.

Clear as mud?

edit: for the price you can’t beat it. Sylvania has been in the business for years... The dealer had the stock shitty ones that we have lived with for years for something like over $130 per headlight! A minimum of $230 plus taxes for those shitty headlights!

The Sylvania’s have a one year warranty just like the shitty yellow looking stock lights.

I’m sure some headlight buff will talk trash about the Sylvanias but for the price and the huge difference in brightness sold it for me. As much as I’d like some fancy top end headlights, the Sylvanias are way affordable, plug and play, and they put out a nice clean bright light.

Looks like amazon has them on sale for $10 each!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C18Q44/?tag=wranglerorg-20

$20 for two brand new headlights that kick the shit out of the stock lights is a winner in my book. They make “higher end” Sylvanias but I’m pretty sure they’re more for the bling factor.
They sell these at autozone also...your Amazon link is much cheaper tho. I might have to pick some up. Was gonna buy them a few months back but put them back on the shelf. Good headlights are a nice addition to have.

They sell these at autozone also...your Amazon link is much cheaper tho. I might have to pick some up. Was gonna buy them a few months back but put them back on the shelf. Good headlights are a nice addition to have.

If you do buy from amazon copy the link here first and then use the link you copied to the site. It adds a little code so @Chris gets a little kick back from Amazon.

Besides, I wanna see which ones you get. When I get a chance tomorrow I’ll post a pic of the exact ones I got. I think they’re the UltraVisions but I’m not sure.

Reactions: Chris
If you do buy from amazon copy the link here first and then use the link you copied to the site. It adds a little code so @Chris gets a little kick back from Amazon.

Besides, I wanna see which ones you get. When I get a chance tomorrow I’ll post a pic of the exact ones I got. I think they’re the UltraVisions but I’m not sure.
Just as soon as you verify the correct one, I am placing my Amazon order. Sounds like a can't miss proposition, thanks! Hard to justify the $$ for upper end lights I don't really need, but would like...