Upgraded Headlights Again With Holley RetroBright LEDs

The not heated Trucklites melt Colorado snow more than one would expect. I have had the entire front of the Jeep encased in ice several times and the headlights have always had at least a finger thick gap melted away before the ice sheet.
None of our LED headlights in any of the rigs have ever had a problem being obscured by snow and or ice.

That's good to know. I'll report back in a few months as to how these handle the NE winter.

None of our LED headlights in any of the rigs have ever had a problem being obscured by snow and or ice.

I try to avoid snow with the Jeep but I’ve been in it and I’ve never had an issue with the JW speakers.

May try the Holly’s on the next go round.

Reactions: MikekiM
Other than Qual Valley, CA?

Quail Valley is part of the City of Menifee
1662421746119.png

Anyone that has these Holley LEDs headlights installed; have you tested them while operating a UHF or VHF Ham Radio ?
The last set of LED headlights that I tried in my Jeep created terrible stray RF (3/4 scale noise) due to poor electronic filtering in the LED starter circuitry.
Didn't matter what I did to reduce the RF (terroid chokes on radio power leads, grounding the headlight housing, and even tried shielding all the power leads; the terrible RF continued and finally returned the headlights for a full refund.
Hopefully this headlight manufacturer has installed good quality electronic filtering circuits.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Anyone that has these Holley LEDs headlights installed; have you tested them while operating a UHF or VHF Ham Radio ?
The last set of LED headlights that I tried in my Jeep created terrible stray RF (3/4 scale noise) due to poor electronic filtering in the LED starter circuitry.
Didn't matter what I did to reduce the RF (terroid chokes on radio power leads, grounding the headlight housing, and even tried shielding all the power leads; the terrible RF continued and finally returned the headlights for a full refund.
Hopefully this headlight manufacturer has installed good quality electronic filtering circuits.

Not the Holley, but I run Trucklight LED’s along with both a GMRS and a CB. Never any issues there.

Cheap amazon JW speaker knockoffs here, had horrible power line noise on VHF. I picked up some "anti flicker" harnesses ( just some caps and diodes to help clean up the back-feed from the lights) the problem is the power supply units in the cheap lights make a lot of RF "noise" so you have to clean that up or isolate it from your radio power supply. Sometimes these anti flicker harnesses are enough, sometimes (like on my 3" pods) its not enough and its either lights or radio - not both. My dome lights are also noisy, so are my reverse lights. Oddly enough my light bar and cheap rock lights are silent (must be a higher quality LED's)