I noticed you didn't paint the steering components...Any particular reason?

Jeep looks great, BTW. I'm curious on your spring selection too. Would like to know how they ride.

Thanks, definitely not ideal to paint it already installed but I ran out of time with all the rain we have been getting and my install garage party came in a hurry. I'll get it painted here in the next couple of weeks.

I will certainly update everyone on my impressions of the JKS springs as well as the Rancho D2 bushing control arms.

I'm looking for to the jspec review. @Fargo

Happy to share details when I can give an honest review. They were just installed on Saturday. My impression of them from a visual perspective is they gave me the exact height I was looking for. The upper tight coils aren't bound up but they are certainly tight. I did also add a 1/2" spacer in the front to level out the factory rake in the jeep.

It's looking great. Surely it will get you pretty far off the beaten track when you tow it behind the rv. Other thing I would look into is a way to inflate your tires for when you air down offroad.

Reactions: Steven Preyer
My current solution to that is a Master Flow MF-1050 portable air compressor. Its like $60 and gets pretty good reviews. I've been using it for about 5 months now and I'm very happy with its performance.

Here are some pictures from the install of the suspension lift.

Front axle....

Reactions: JMT and derekmac
Lighting has been upgraded some but certainly not done. Not even sure I'll stick with my current setup but I wanted to improve the stock situation plus I was invited to some night runs and needed to improve my light output. I went with some 7" LX-LIGHT black series. I also blacked out the chrome ring around the headlight.

For A-pillar lights I used Poison Spyder brackets with some DJI 4x4 side shooter LED's. Placed the switch to the left of the steering wheel. Trying to keep things clean.

Thank You. I have put a lot of effort into making a very capable rig that is still easy to drive and tow. My wife has put a lot of effort into making sure I don't turn it into a "dude" jeep. That leaves stingers, lightbars, and highline fenders off the table :ROFLMAO:
I bought my first Jeep in January "for the kids to drive", Ive put like 200 miles on it so far and have been messing with it daily. Its fun for sure.

I bought my first Jeep in January "for the kids to drive", Ive put like 200 miles on it so far and have been messing with it daily. Its fun for sure.

I have never been very mechanical or even that into cars but buying this jeep triggered something in me. I love working on it and a day doesn't go by where I'm not either messing with something, buying something, or planning wheeling trips. It's a jeep thing!!!

Reactions: IPerkWVU and Chris
@Steven Preyer I just bought an LJ and like you trying to upgrade. Do you like the ride with the new springs and shocks. Also what are the part #'s for the shocks? Can you provide a measurement from the center of the hub to the lower edge of the fender flair?

@Steven Preyer I just bought an LJ and like you trying to upgrade. Do you like the ride with the new springs and shocks. Also what are the part #'s for the shocks? Can you provide a measurement from the center of the hub to the lower edge of the fender flair?

Just got back from a camping trip so I'll get you the measurements / part numbers and my feedback by tonight. But my quick answer right now is yes I like the ride!!!

Very happy with my ride post suspension lift.

The Rancho shocks are rs5000x part # RS55255 for the front and RS55256 for the rear.

Measurement from the ground to the center of the hub is 16"

Measurement from the ground to the bottom edge of the fender flare is 38"

38" minus 16" equals 22" / So center of hub to the bottom of the fender flare is 22" (this measurement is same both front and rear)

***Front springs have a 1/2" spacer to adjust the factory rake back to flat.

Reactions: maddss
So I have finally had a chance to put the lift / suspension through its paces and overall I'm very pleased. Let me say with a huge disclaimer that I have no other jeeps or suspension to compare it to other than stock as this is my first jeep and my first lift.

I will base each judgement compared to the stock feel.

1st: On Street driving is probably 80% of stock. I say this because I bounce around a little bit more than stock however the "bounce" is plush and not jarring.

2nd: Freeway driving is 100% in line with stock. Feels the same to me.

3rd: Fire road driving is 120% compared to stock. It feels maybe just a little it better than stock.

4th: Sandy washes / washboard driving is 150% compared to stock. Its a much plusher ride than before, still bouncy but again plush and not jarring. Some of this is the tires I'm sure, being larger and aired down to absorb the shock

5th: Rock crawling is a 500% amazing improvement compared to stock. The flex is unreal, I love it.

Since my goal was to lift the jeep and maintain factory ride while becoming more capable I'm very thrilled with the the lift / suspension.

So even though the 3" lift didn't create any driveline vibrations I wanted to upgrade the driveshaft anyways to both improve the parts under the jeep and to refresh old parts. So I added a Tom Woods rear driveshaft and then put some heavy duty front and rear Motobilt Diff Covers on. I painted the Diff Covers with a clear coat paint because I love the look of the welded bare steel. Got the idea from LiteBrite on YouTube.

Looking good. How much bump did you add upfront?

I'm really impressed with your progress, and how the Rubicon sits at this point. I've wondered about how a 3" lift would work with 285 tires (not personally interested in a body lift, either) and yours seems like it's setting up nicely. Any plans for a re-gear to 4.56? Does Goodyear not offer Duratracs in load range C in the 285 size?

Stock, our Rubicons are twins, with the exception that mine is an auto.

Nice job!