USPS Diminished Capacity

The usps packages are taking within 4-7 days to be deliver after they get to the local facility. Usually this would take 1-2 days at a most. Post offices are just stacking pallets in the parking lot. Apparently theres about 40-50 pallets coming in every day and only about 10 going out a day. A few picture of the stacked pallets came out in the press and the PMG then said in the news that they need about 300 more employess to match the postal volume. Probably the same thing is going on in conus.

3F7D76B0-7B55-4880-8294-DA1569EEA5EA.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: FarFire70 and Chris
Mailed a small 3 day priority box from northern CA a week ago last Monday to Delaware and was finally delivered last Tuesday, amazing 8 days for a 3 day pkg.

On the flip side I ordered a king sheet set on Amazon Prime last Saturday around 5-6 in the afternoon and the package was on my doorstep by 9:15 AM Monday morning although scheduled delivery was for Tuesday.

• Face Palm
Reactions: FarFire70
Mailed a small 3 day priority box from northern CA a week ago last Monday to Delaware and was finally delivered last Tuesday, amazing 8 days for a 3 day pkg.

On the flip side I ordered a king sheet set on Amazon Prime last Saturday around 5-6 in the afternoon and the package was on my doorstep by 9:15 AM Monday morning although scheduled delivery was for Tuesday.
Ahh but was the Amazon package delivered by USPS or UPS?

I deal with the same thing. I ship packages daily. Due to me living in a rural area I deliver them to the post office. I ship almost always in a small flat rate box that fits into the drive up drop box. When I have more than a few I take them inside as a courtesy. They have started to complain when I drop them in the drop box as they are just too heavy. Most weight 5lbs. Some 10lbs and rarely a 15lb package. Although the 15s always get taken inside. When I pointed out that part of their job description is to lift up to 50 lbs. And that if they could not do their job why are they still there? They just get mad. They really get mad when I tell them I am already being nice, I could just call for a pickup everyday. Or on Monday’s when I have 10 plus packages I could drop them all in the drive up box.

• Haha
Reactions: 04solartj and Zorba
I deal with the same thing. I ship packages daily. Due to me living in a rural area I deliver them to the post office. I ship almost always in a small flat rate box that fits into the drive up drop box. When I have more than a few I take them inside as a courtesy. They have started to complain when I drop them in the drop box as they are just too heavy. Most weight 5lbs. Some 10lbs and rarely a 15lb package. Although the 15s always get taken inside. When I pointed out that part of their job description is to lift up to 50 lbs. And that if they could not do their job why are they still there? They just get mad. They really get mad when I tell them I am already being nice, I could just call for a pickup everyday. Or on Monday’s when I have 10 plus packages I could drop them all in the drive up box.
I have a patron that sends packages out regularly, she just puts the flag up on her mail box I scan them as received and continue on my route... It boggles my mind that a lot of you are having issues with your carriers and/or counter clerks. Oh and FYI it's 70 pounds for USPS packages.

USPS unbelievably.
Not unbelievable. USPS has a contract with Amazon to uphold their 2-day delivery service. They pay penalties if they don't deliver (pun intended).

USPS's contract with everyone else, including you and me —-> 🖕

Not unbelievable. USPS has a contract with Amazon to uphold their 2-day delivery service. They pay penalties if they don't deliver (pun intended).

USPS's contract with everyone else, including you and me —-> 🖕
Amazon 2 day delivery? What is this Unicorn you speak of? The BS they keep telling me is "2 day shipping" means it will ship within 2 days, not be on my door step in 2 days!!

• Haha
Reactions: FarFire70
Amazon 2 day delivery? What is this Unicorn you speak of? The BS they keep telling me is "2 day shipping" means it will ship within 2 days, not be on my door step in 2 days!!
If you stick with items listed as shipped by Amazon then you stand a reasonable chance based on my experience over the last few years. All in all I would grade them as squeaking by a passing grade.

Reactions: reddvltj