California UTC run, January 16th

Your definition of Great news and mine are a little different
The alternative was an eaton or an ARB due to an exploded air blatter, so I'll gladly take a broken air hose. A few dollars worth of hose and some fluid isn't too bad. Also, my labor is way cheaper than a gear guys lol.

The alternative was an eaton or an ARB due to an exploded air blatter, so I'll gladly take a broken air hose. A few dollars worth of hose and some fluid isn't too bad.
The great news would have been you didn’t break anything and won 20,000 off a scratcher on the way home 😜

Made it to Reno by 9, so not too bad. But 17 hours in my TJ, I’m still vibrating! 🤣

Had a killer time! Was great meeting you all! 😸

Ron, bummer about your rig. Always the shits watching somebody going home on a tow truck.☹️

And thanks for all the help and advice guys! The Jeep’s hella different than my K5 Blazer, and a lot more fun too!

And Indy, next time I gotta see you run that LS. It’s got me thinking.🤔

I went up that icy hill. Had zero issues. Helped these guys get up the hill. They had no strap, gave them mine and winched his boat to bring it back to track. He had it jackknifed after sliding back.

PXL_20210117_003734095.jpg

Yea @Indy, we took a while to get to beer tree and up pass that but the long haul was getting back up off the granite. It was hella fun. In our group I think Mark in the JK (@Gone-N-Done-It ) made it, the green TJ and me made it up the hill.
Lock em up and drive it like you stole it.
We had to pull line for 4 in our group and 3 in the other group. Then on the exit to gatekeeper god damn pickup trucks are stuck on an icy incline.

Last edited:
I went up that icy hill. Had zero issues. Helped these guys get up the hill. They had no strap, gave them mine and winched his boat to bring it back to track. He had it jackknifed after sliding back.

View attachment 218629
Good on ya man! That road was fun in the Jeep, but pulling a trailer? That would be no fun at all.

Reactions: tomtaylz
If you get out let me know. I’ll actually be in SF this Saturday making deliveries but I’d like to do a winter camp in this weather lol 75 degrees today. Up here I’d think about Cold Springs or Log Springs. Thomes Pocket if we could make it but that’s way up there

Reactions: tomtaylz
Had a great time fellas it was nice to meet you all, and can’t wait for the next one.

View attachment 219320
nice to meet you too there are definitely more runs to be made, sounds like some interest in the Rubicon and Fordyce for multi day and I would like to do Slick Rock again