Warn in-cab control switch is a letdown

I have 2 small kids. occasionally thry climb around in the cab. This means I have to be particularly careful about in cab winch controls.

The way im getting around this is to have a small LED indicator light on the dash to indicate power to the control switch, and a small 2 position pull key activated switch on the dash. This will allow me to lockout the in cab switch from operation, and quickly turn it on when I'm wheeling. Haven't gotten the indicator LED yet, but here is the new winch control switch and keyed power interuptor. View attachment 140355
and as an update on the warn switch, they were pretty understanding. The return policy states item must be in original packaging and restocking fee of 10% for all returns, they waived both.

one thing warn never f's around with is good customer service.

Reactions: ac_ and Apparition
and as an update on the warn switch, they were pretty understanding. The return policy states item must be in original packaging and restocking fee of 10% for all returns, they waived both.

one thing warn never f's around with is good customer service.

Nothing more true! I emailed them asking to check my serial number (to make sure it was actually an m8000) since I needed to order parts for it and they sent me a new sticker pack for free. Most warn supply shops sell them for $30!

That's definitely a utv switch kit. Looking at the solenoid, it is exactly what I have on my Polaris RZR. And one of the first "shopping" links for it was denniskirk.com which is an atv/utv parts house.

The instruction sheet also shows the handlebar mounted rocker switch and calls out ProVantage 3500...aka, 3500# winch.
Thanks for the heads up. I was just looking at this too and never would have guessed that it was for an UTV.

However I was staring at the picture thinking "I don't understand how this works. The switch would need to be inside the winch or I need to drill another hole for the wires to get back out, and wish the wires were unrolled in the picture because they don't look like they can be the right length." So I hesitated. Makes perfect sense if this is for an UTV and there winches are not fully enclosed like my xd9000i.