Warn M8000 won't go into free spool

IMG_9268.jpeg

Well I got ‘er buttoned up.

What ended up working, is removing and greasing the outermost gear that @hosejockey61 mentioned. Strange, since I hadn’t touched it before, but that seems to have fixed the issue so I can’t complain.

I might live with the cracked gear housing for now, depending on if I can track down a used one. Also will buy/fab a bracket for the contactor so it’s not crooked.

Thank you all for the help.

Reactions: Wildman
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
My contactor is under the hood. I have a switch on the dash. Much cleaner install. Contactor tucks between the air cleaner box and headlight with a little tiny room to spare.

-Mac

Reactions: PNW_LJ
Or you can move it under the hood and put a plug on the grille like @NashvilleTJ did. And don't forget to add in-cab controls for it. A lot nicer than running the cable in the window every time you ant to use it.

View attachment 482029

In-cab is the way to go fer sure. I was one of the last to get a "12 volt guy" kit, which worked very well.

Reactions: PNW_LJ
CH4x4 sells the in out carling switch and on off switch. Then you just need a 5 wire SO cord...18g will do fine. Couple of spade connectors and some ring connectors... really easy to do.

-Mac

Reactions: Zorba and PNW_LJ