Warn M8000S or M8000 plus upgrades?

But if you want to use a different brand because you hate Warn, go for it.
I don't hate Warn at all. You suggested that Milemarker lies in their specs, I haven't seen it. They are a reputable American company and that's why I mentioned it in this thread. The winch also works well and not just on paper.

Sorry to disappoint you and your misleading information
Your winch failed, if you want to take the failure on yourself that's fine too. It still failed on your driveway which is all I said, which is true and not really misleading at all. I didn't re-read but that is what happened? Many people change out rope all the time, not really an unusual thing to do.

Or are you just trying to shovel out shit again because you so obviously enjoy doing so?
You know me, I suggested what I thought was a good alternative that wouldn't piss off the made in America Warn type and you had to go all harbor freight on me so there you go.

I'm glad you linked to the screw thing, I forgot or never saw it. A guy down the street broke his and said something about "some screw on the drum" so I'll keep that in mind if I need to replace it.

I think you and a few others around here tell stories to sell Warn. I'm not a fan, things should sell themselves without misinformation about the competition.

• Face Palm
Reactions: Jerry Bransford
BadLands FTW! ;)
They do lie in the specs, there is that. Every other brand I've checked seems to be honest. Even Superwinch, when they talk about the LP8500, and if anybody should lie it's them. That thing is a turd and a half. I'm sure the one person on here that has one will be all bent out of shape now.

You did your best to mislead everyone on what happened to my winch, it didn't work because you were wrong. It doesn't matter if you forgot where I said that the failure started on the trail or if you forgot it was caused by too long of a screw I installed.

It's entirely clear to me that it's beyond you to admit you were wrong, or to admit that the motor failure wasn't Warn's fault, or admit that your description of my motor problem was both misleading and factually incorrect.

For some people it's hard if not impossible to admit when they're wrong. The truth can be found in the original thread linked to above.

Sorry @Jerry Bransford, I didn't remember that. I remember that it finally gave out on your driveway. If it is critical that it started on the trail, if the screw being your fault is also big part then I see your point. I still don't see those as a big deception on my part but, either way, I don't mind saying I missed those points 100% when I posted about it.